TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X P85D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Cattledog, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Hopefully there will also be a Model X P1xxD as well. But if not, it will certainly go 0-60 under 4 seconds and have close to 265 miles range. In addition to every Autopilot feature.

2. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I had been thinking about forgoing the P on the Model X, but considering how Tesla just upped the ante in the horse-power department, I would have a hard time ordering a non-PD Model X, that's for sure.

One 691 hp Model X, thank you, pretty please.

3. HVM

HVM Savolainen

All Xs are AWDs, so extra letter 'D' doesn't make sense...

4. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

Unless Tesla intends to make D into a brand akin to quattro or xdrive.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'm starting a rumor: Yes, the D flavor of X actually has two skateboards. Tony Hawk edition does tricks automatically using the new (today) S sensors and new (future) X gyros but you have to get the tech package to have it automatically mail video of your best tricks to your friends list. Did I mention you have to have an iPhone 8 for the feature to work? And firmware 7.037. Not 7. Not 7.03 and OMG not 7.04 because they haven't integrated the 0.007 "email my skateboard trix" feature to the 7.04 branch yet.

6. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Except that if they don't differenciate then P will be a $20k option on the X. D is $4k for standard S but $14k for P. It would be nice to have Model X 60, 85, P85, P85D at base price, base+10, base+20, and base+30.

7. TMS doc

TMS doc Member

Since all X's are D's by design, with all that extra horsepower and efficiency, will a standard Model X out run a standard Model S? Will a Performance X beat the Performance S?

8. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#8 scottf200, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    I calc'd $21,400. Anyone think the 21" wheels will be required on the Model X P85D purchase? I hope not. Below is calculated from the build screen then cut-n-pasted from the downloaded PDF.

gSZsMEi.png

9. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

More likely the Model X will have 24" wheels as an option for Performance, and 20" or 22" standard.