Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been thinking about forgoing the P on the Model X, but considering how Tesla just upped the ante in the horse-power department, I would have a hard time ordering a non-PD Model X, that's for sure.

One 691 hp Model X, thank you, pretty please.

Unless Tesla intends to make D into a brand akin to quattro or xdrive.
I'm starting a rumor: Yes, the D flavor of X actually has two skateboards. Tony Hawk edition does tricks automatically using the new (today) S sensors and new (future) X gyros but you have to get the tech package to have it automatically mail video of your best tricks to your friends list. Did I mention you have to have an iPhone 8 for the feature to work? And firmware 7.037. Not 7. Not 7.03 and OMG not 7.04 because they haven't integrated the 0.007 "email my skateboard trix" feature to the 7.04 branch yet.

Except that if they don't differenciate then P will be a $20k option on the X. D is $4k for standard S but $14k for P. It would be nice to have Model X 60, 85, P85, P85D at base price, base+10, base+20, and base+30.
I calc'd $21,400. Anyone think the 21" wheels will be required on the Model X P85D purchase? I hope not. Below is calculated from the build screen then cut-n-pasted from the downloaded PDF.

gSZsMEi.png

Last edited: