Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pickup was yesterday too. Originally scheduled for Sat, then postponed to "sometime next week". Called to see if I could at least inspect. They said they would push my car to the head of the line for the software install... So able to hold my original delivery.

Overall great build quality. Will see after about a week of driving.

Reactions: SistaBigBones
My pickup was yesterday too. Originally scheduled for Sat, then postponed to "sometime next week". Called to see if I could at least inspect. They said they would push my car to the head of the line for the software install... So able to hold my original delivery.

Overall great build quality. Will see after about a week of driving.
What number did you guys call because I could not get through anywhere

Software issue?? Im wondering….

I picked up my MX last Tuesday or Wednesday. I forget.

The app was not working to accept delivery. The lady on Tesla’s side said “I don’t know what’s going on. I clicked on each part of my side, you sure the button isn’t available to click on ‘accept delivery?’”

No. We deleted my app. Reinstalled. And so on.

I wasn’t able to accept delivery even though everything was green checked.

She said she had to do it manually on Tesla’s side.

Now, I’m not sure if this is why…. To avoid delivery hassles or what

Well…I just got a call pushing my delivery appointment to end of the week bc still awaiting software / firmware update.

For those who got the update and took delivery, any new or different features with your cars you were not expecting? I was told it was a safety update to do with cameras and sensors on MS and MX and because of that, cars could not be released without the update.

Just got to Tesla Burbank. Mine was one of the MS that was delayed and now today was finally available for delivery. No holiday update is installed and nothing new. No lighting changes or front camera. Mine did however have horrible panel gaps, wheels covered in white glue and the middle tray was broken. Needless to say, I am not taking delivery…

Reactions: SistaBigBones
I texted Tesla and was told they will reach out to the delivery agents and get back to me.
I texted again today and they‘re telling me they should have a response from their corporate team tomorrow. My account status still says that my order will be cancelled as I was unable to take delivery. Seems ridiculous given that they cancelled my delivery appointment, but I guess this is the kind of lack of customer service nonsense you have to put up with to buy a Tesla.

Reactions: WiseShepherd