Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Production ramp up discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on my observation not personal knowledge of the man, Elon is a perfectionist. The way the X has been designed is one indicator. I was told by a Tesla employee I know that Elon thought of the bio-defense mode air filtration system after driving his Model S from Palo Alto to the Fremont factory and passing a large odiferous landfill nearby that really stinks when the wind blows the wrong way.

Welcome to Alviso ... "Where the sewer meets the sea."

It may be that they really are just waiting for the second row seats and once they get that production going are able to ship quite a few very closely together.
My wife and my father and I are doing the factory tour tomorrow. I am hoping to see the new production line with some X bodies going through it, if they let us see that part of the plant. I did the tour about 6 months ago and the new line was obscured with huge sheets of plastic.

So the configurator states X90D from mid 2016 and P90D from early 2016. Does this mean that X90D production won`t start until Q2 2016 for US reservation holders?

I posted this in the other thread, but it's more appropriate here:

Tesla needs to deliver 30-40k model x next year to meet their projected deliveries. Based on their own projections they b should deliver a minimum of 15k in the first half of the year. There is absolutely no way the existing reservations will yield 15k P90D orders.

So one of the following will be true:
1. Tesla will deliver the 90D sooner than the middle of the year
2. Someone that orders in jan/Feb will get a car before someone who gave them a deposit 4 years ago
3. Tesla will miss their delivery targets again

Variants 1.JPG

If they have 40k reservations, an aggressive conversion rate is 50% (especially considering the long wait for many that have had to buy already). I don't think it's reasonable to think 75% of initial purchases for a family targeted CUV to be the performance model. If you do, then that is fine but I'd like to see some thoughts on why.

It's not that I do, or don't. I was just wondering why you thought it was so unrealistic. I don't know what the current Model S "P" ratio is to compare.

I have a need for statistics when I take important decision (at the moment it is 90D or P90D decision). Since that thread is dedicated to ramp up discussions ...

I know P90D will be before 90D, but assuming you know your total position and take a 90D, at some point they will be at 800/week and I think deliveries will go fast.

Visual statistics based on the message we received (several hundred at the end of December mean 200/week for me, and 800/week in Q1 probably mean it is reached at the of that quarter)

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 4.34.46 PM.png