Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X quits charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a newbie, having gotten my Model X two weeks ago. I installed my own 40 amp outlet and it appeared to operate normally for several days (about 29 mph). I couple of times I would notice the charging port "halo" would be dark. I would disconnect and re-connect to start charging again. Is it possible it stops during an update?

I'm a newbie, having gotten my Model X two weeks ago. I installed my own 40 amp outlet and it appeared to operate normally for several days (about 29 mph). I couple of times I would notice the charging port "halo" would be dark. I would disconnect and re-connect to start charging again. Is it possible it stops during an update?
When the car locks, the light on the charge port no longer operates. This is assumed to be such that the car does not draw attention to itself while charging, sitting by itself in a parking lot. Pushing the button restarts the charging, and it will flash for a few seconds, then go dark again.