Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but does anyone have grey dots near the edges of the instrument cluster. They appear as if they are in a layer behind the screen (maybe backlight?) and are visible behind all content within about one inch of the edge of the screen.

Here's a close up of what it looks like, in this case the grey dots can be seen at the top.

Attachments

• IMG-5563.jpg
    IMG-5563.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 134
Cross posting this here from owners thread as this is really a post-delivery issue.

I had a service appointment last week to address what sounded like to styrofoam containers rubbing together from the front dash. The Chicago (Elston) Service Center said they were able to find and correct the squeak issue, HOWEVER, they informed me the new MX front driver/passenger curtain airbags are under inspection, they found my passenger curtain airbag had a rivet that had been punched through it causing a hole in the airbag. They have now sent my car to the body shop to fix the rivet and informed the part to replace the passenger curtain airbag could take weeks if not months to get in stock. How can this be if they are still building these cars?

I'm told it's a safety issue and they must hold my car until fixed. Feels like this could be lemon law worthy to deliver a car and then hold it after it's fully paid for. Very frustrated. This is clearly a poor QA issue that should have been caught by Tesla prior to delivery. I've asked Service to escalate through the chat function with no success.
Any suggestions on a path to escalate this within Tesla? They are impossible to communicate with post delivery.

Cross posting this here from owners thread as this is really a post-delivery issue.

I had a service appointment last week to address what sounded like to styrofoam containers rubbing together from the front dash. The Chicago (Elston) Service Center said they were able to find and correct the squeak issue, HOWEVER, they informed me the new MX front driver/passenger curtain airbags are under inspection, they found my passenger curtain airbag had a rivet that had been punched through it causing a hole in the airbag. They have now sent my car to the body shop to fix the rivet and informed the part to replace the passenger curtain airbag could take weeks if not months to get in stock. How can this be if they are still building these cars?

I'm told it's a safety issue and they must hold my car until fixed. Feels like this could be lemon law worthy to deliver a car and then hold it after it's fully paid for. Very frustrated. This is clearly a poor QA issue that should have been caught by Tesla prior to delivery. I've asked Service to escalate through the chat function with no success.
Any suggestions on a path to escalate this within Tesla? They are impossible to communicate with post delivery.
Are they giving you a loaner and assurance that your X will be stored inside out of the elements?

No, it's at a body shop sitting outside.
I have a crappy Model 3 Standard Range Plus that wreaks of cigarette smoke.

Demand a model X loaner. The mode 3 is not equivalent in utility and they are depriving you of that utility for months. Honestly, I'd demand first a new vehicle since they admit they delivered one unsafe and that it will be out for months. Failing that, I'd contact a lawyer and begin the buyback process. Of course if you're one of those that paid $89K + options, I'm sure Tesla will be happy to just buy it back because after they fix it, they'll just turn around and sell it used for $112K + options.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but does anyone have grey dots near the edges of the instrument cluster. They appear as if they are in a layer behind the screen (maybe backlight?) and are visible behind all content within about one inch of the edge of the screen.

Here's a close up of what it looks like, in this case the grey dots can be seen at the top.

Yep this is the vignette on the instrument cluster screen - meant to hide the edge of the screen so it blends seamlessly into the rest of the instrument cluster without a hard line where the screen ends.

Demand a model X loaner. The mode 3 is not equivalent in utility and they are depriving you of that utility for months. Honestly, I'd demand first a new vehicle since they admit they delivered one unsafe and that it will be out for months. Failing that, I'd contact a lawyer and begin the buyback process. Of course if you're one of those that paid $89K + options, I'm sure Tesla will be happy to just buy it back because after they fix it, they'll just turn around and sell it used for $112K + options.
I hear ya, it’s hard to make any demands when you can not get anyone to communicate with you.

Reactions: Prairie
Mark up your photo?
Could it be the reflection of the edges of vent below the screen?
These are the dots I was referring to (only marked a few of them with arrows since there's so many). Maybe they are part of the UI, but you can see them no matter what's on the screen (Autopilot visualization, Alerts...). Looking closely, they appear to be in a layer physically behind the screen.

IMG-5563-(1).jpg

These are the dots I was referring to (only marked a few of them with arrows since there's so many). Maybe they are part of the UI, but you can see them no matter what's on the screen (Autopilot visualization, Alerts...). Looking closely, they appear to be in a layer physically behind the screen.

View attachment 797046
I think that's just a poorly done shading graphic.

EDIT: sorry, I misread it the first time. You're seeing these dots on all graphics? In the same exact locations?

View attachment 797046

They are just part of the display.

If you ever change your wheel config, you can see them very clearly when the dash display reboots.

Reactions: Yoonoo