Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add the plastic trim piece slowly falling out. Is this a warrantable item that Tesla would fix?
C5D1BD18-7B27-4B79-A6B6-567AE50EC867.jpeg

I'm being to think I got a lemon! Last week I noticed that the driver window on my 2022 Model X will not go all the way up or all the way down without holding the button. All the other windows work fine. Then, today I was washing my car and noticed a large crack on the passenger top FWD window. I didn't hit anything with it. I went to the Tesla SC today and they think it was a stress crack and are going to replace it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• 20220430_100617.jpg
    20220430_100617.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 98
Day 3 with my first Tesla. I noticed as I pulled out to the driveway and with the sun shining bright, the left FWD said obstacle detected and wouldn't open from the screen. I had to walk out and open it from the outside. I pulled the car into the garage and the alert did not go away (red indicator by the door on the screen, and obstacle detected message). After opening and closing a few times manually from outside, the alert went away by itself.

Anyone else see this? Should I log a ticket? I am afraid since it is not reproducible, it may not help at all.

After my first visit to the SC…

Took all week because the lift pads were missing on my car, and they are unique to palladium.

“Re-torquing suspension to specs” seems to have cured the popping noises in the suspension. It also may have firmed up the steering, I need more driving to decide

Firmware update seems to have fixed restraint issue

I reported a rattle in the speaker grille, they couldn’t reproduce but found a missing clip in dash. Now my dash makes all kinds of noises and the rattle is worse. I can just knock on the yoke to cause it to rattle. Oh and I had to rent my own car all week.

After my first visit to the SC…

Took all week because the lift pads were missing on my car, and they are unique to palladium.

“Re-torquing suspension to specs” seems to have cured the popping noises in the suspension. It also may have firmed up the steering, I need more driving to decide

Firmware update seems to have fixed restraint issue

I reported a rattle in the speaker grille, they couldn’t reproduce but found a missing clip in dash. Now my dash makes all kinds of noises and the rattle is worse. I can just knock on the yoke to cause it to rattle. Oh and I had to rent my own car all week.

Going to the SvC is like one thing fixed and multiple things broken. I avoid it like the plague.

Reactions: bhzmark

Interesting

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
Delivered 12/03/2021
MXLR Blue/Black/20”/6 Seater/No FSD

1. Missing trunk tray.
2. Stains on chairs and panels.
3. Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
5 looks like clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.
8. Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.
9. Wipers leaving streaks of I wiped rain.
10. Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Probably the FWD and the body.
11. Probably more that is not known…

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.
This is not typical Tesla. That being said, Tesla is like 90% Model 3 and Y, which is why this is not typical Tesla. The 3 and Y are super optimized, mass produced, and practically flawless.

Reactions: tibook
Delivered 12/03/2021
MXLR Blue/Black/20”/6 Seater/No FSD

1. Missing trunk tray.
2. Stains on chairs and panels.
3. Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
5 looks like clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.
8. Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.
9. Wipers leaving streaks of I wiped rain.
10. Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Probably the FWD and the body.
11. Probably more that is not known…

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.
You knew you could reject this, right?

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
"Steering assist reduced" (UI_a020) error message.

I started receiving the above error message just after I updated to 2022.12.1 two weeks ago. I immediately scheduled a service appointment - in which there was a 30-day wait for the next available appointment. The error msg would pop up periodically even after the last few software updates and numerous full power-off reboots, but the power steering continued to operate.

When driving the vehicle today, the error msg popped back up again, but unlike the previous occurrences, the vehicle lost all power steering. I am having the vehicle towed to the local SC for (immediate?) service.