Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping to receive my Model X before my trip next month.

When using Google maps, you can ask it to show the rest stops available along the route. Does the Tesla navigation system offer that feature? I will be traveling with a puppy and it is highly unlikely that I will make it all the way to the next supercharger before needing to stop for awhile.

When using Google maps, you can ask it to show the rest stops available along the route. Does the Tesla navigation system offer that feature? I will be traveling with a puppy and it is highly unlikely that I will make it all the way to the next supercharger before needing to stop for awhile.
I have not seen rest stops on the Tesla Nav. It's mainly about finding destination chargers and superchargers. Would be nice to have because often I want to hit a rest stop from time to time and need to pull out my smartphone to find one. Or use the browser to find one.

. However, during charging on the way home, we had a 'fellow tesla owner' (as they introduced themselves) come up to my family and tell me that my kids should not be in the car while charging with a supercharger as the EMF rays are harming their young brain development......so that was, nice?
Oh gee, are those people still around? Clearly knows nothing about this type of energy. Maybe you should ask him why is he comfortable constantly driving around while his groin is being toasted by "EMF rays"? :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it'll find them easily using either a voice command or a text search.

Tesla Nav doesn't really have a traditional Points of Interest index, but it will find anything Google Maps knows about if you search for it.

Also, you can locate things you want to see on any app on your phone, and use the share option there to hand the destination to the car.

First day back to work after about 16 days on the road with our Model X. NY - CA (SFO) and everything in between.

Here are some stats:

7,300 miles
52 Superchargers
2 Destination Chargers
16 States
16 days

Our major overnight (multi-day) stays were Fort Worth, TX, Las Vegas, NV, San Francisco, CA, Lake Tahoe, CA, Moab, UT and back tracked our way to the east coast. No range anxiety whatsoever, except for that leg between Fort Worth and Childress, TX. I think it was about 245 miles and 108 degree weather in the middle of the day. I had to choose between a cool cabin vs getting to the next SC stop, but we made it with 6% SOC and we kept the AC on 72. I think the windshield sunscreen would've helped cool the cabin better had we had one in our MX.

We did the Factory Tour and it was amazing - highly recommended!

For the pics-or-it-didn't-happen-crowd, I'll do you one better, here's a Vlog that my daughter put on her YouTube channel, please consider subscribing (shameless plug - LOL).

And below are some choice pics:

Tesla Factory.JPG

Bakersfield Supercharger.JPG

Fort Worth Supercharger.JPG

Golden Gate Bridge.JPG

Moab UT.JPG

Sounds fairly similar to the ~8300 mile roadtrip I did a couple months ago, which I've mentioned before but never really posted much about:

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 8.13.19 PM.png

Raven Efficiency is crazy. Somehow this massive roadtrip, including a lot of 70 mph and significant 75 and even 80 mph legs averaged 315 Wh/mile - in a Performance/Ludicrous car!
IMG_2923 2.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

Lane Motor Museum is a great place to explore - and offers free charging for all EVs in their parking garage. I got some pretty amusing sentry videos from here I may have to post somehow at some point.
IMG_1965.JPG

I really wasn't expecting to find a life size X-Wing in Denver, but I did. :)
IMG_2372.JPG

Turn off A/C next 15 miles? Nah, it'll be fine. Climbing out of Death Valley to the west was crazy consumption, but the car took it without missing a beat, including keeping me comfortable at temps well into the triple digits.
IMG_2630.JPG
IMG_2679.JPG

Sunset on the Pacific Coast Highway
IMG_2788.JPG

That big windshield must be good for something... :)
IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

Sounds fairly similar to the ~8300 mile roadtrip I did a couple months ago, which I've mentioned before but never really posted much about:

View attachment 446820

Raven Efficiency is crazy. Somehow this massive roadtrip, including a lot of 70 mph and significant 75 and even 80 mph legs averaged 315 Wh/mile - in a Performance/Ludicrous car!
View attachment 446821

View attachment 446832

Lane Motor Museum is a great place to explore - and offers free charging for all EVs in their parking garage. I got some pretty amusing sentry videos from here I may have to post somehow at some point.
View attachment 446831
View attachment 446830

Turn off A/C next 15 miles? Nah, it'll be fine. Climbing out of Death Valley to the west was crazy consumption, but the car took it without missing a beat, including keeping me comfortable at temps well into the triple digits.
View attachment 446829 View attachment 446827

Sunset on the Pacific Coast HighwayView attachment 446826

View attachment 446824
View attachment 446823
Fellow Delaware dude in my neighborhood and didn’t even say hi?!

View attachment 446820

View attachment 446821

View attachment 446832

View attachment 446831
View attachment 446830

View attachment 446829 View attachment 446827

Sunset on the Pacific Coast HighwayView attachment 446826

View attachment 446824
View attachment 446823

That looks like a great trip as well @Saghost. Your westbound route looks very similar to ours. As a matter of fact, one of your supercharging pics, we were at the very same supercharger in Strasburg, VA and had breakfast at Denny's. :)

What were the temps in Death Valley when you were there? I saw 120 degrees last week and we're just in Baker, CA. :eek:

That looks like a great trip as well @Saghost. Your westbound route looks very similar to ours. As a matter of fact, one of your supercharging pics, we were at the very same supercharger in Strasburg, VA and had breakfast at Denny's. :)

What were the temps in Death Valley when you were there? I saw 120 degrees last week and we're just in Baker, CA. :eek:

My eastbound leg is pretty similar. I went west through Denver and across the Rockies. (As expected, a Ludicrous X is a great tool for canyon carving.)

It was only 110 or so in Death Valley when I went through, but that was quite enough and I didn't wait for the heat of day to arrive (was there in the late morning.)

My eastbound leg is pretty similar. I went west through Denver and across the Rockies. (As expected, a Ludicrous X is a great tool for canyon carving.)

It was only 110 or so in Death Valley when I went through, but that was quite enough and I didn't wait for the heat of day to arrive (was there in the late morning.)

Yes, it was brutally hot, I would've loved to drive through death valley to SF, but it was mid-day and didn't want to be in a position where I have to turn off the AC and drive 50mph through 120+ degree heat. LOL

@ohmman - inspired by your airstream, me and my family stopped by the Airstream of Fort Worth and got seriously intrigued with the Flying Cloud that they have with the bunk bed. I believe it's 22ft and it's a shy over 4k #'s. Part of me plotting to see how I can make it happen. Will certainly pick your brain when the time comes. haha.

Reactions: ohmman
We used hotels at or near SCs for all overnight stops in Tremonton, UT; Ellensburg, WA; Boise, ID; and Green River, UT. We weren't disappointed with any of them.

My plan is to hit Tremonton, UT about the time for lunch. Looking at google maps, there is pretty much nothing of interest near the SC. Especially since I will have dogs with me. I guess we can find some place to get take-out and then eat in the car while it charges.

Great video @jimbo69ny

We saw your other video where you discovered a hole under your Model X. I hope you got that rectified. We also took delivery of our Model X 100D at Mt. Kisco back in June of this year and I have to say, our delivery experience was horrible.

The people were nice and welcoming but they were all discombobulated with processing our delivery. Our white vegan seats were smeared with grease and they basically handed us the key and pointed to the direction of where the car is parked.

Anyway, great video and I couldn't agree with you more with how comfortable the seats were. We drove 7,300 miles in 17 days and I didn't have any of my usual back issues. My kids didn't think the middle seats were as comfortable enough though.

My daughter just posted part III of her 4 part series on our Tesla Model X roadtrip. Doing a shameless plug for her. Please consider subscribing. :)

• Love
Reactions: jimbo69ny
Great video @jimbo69ny

We saw your other video where you discovered a hole under your Model X. I hope you got that rectified. We also took delivery of our Model X 100D at Mt. Kisco back in June of this year and I have to say, our delivery experience was horrible.

The people were nice and welcoming but they were all discombobulated with processing our delivery. Our white vegan seats were smeared with grease and they basically handed us the key and pointed to the direction of where the car is parked.

Anyway, great video and I couldn't agree with you more with how comfortable the seats were. We drove 7,300 miles in 17 days and I didn't have any of my usual back issues. My kids didn't think the middle seats were as comfortable enough though.

My daughter just posted part III of her 4 part series on our Tesla Model X roadtrip. Doing a shameless plug for her. Please consider subscribing. :)

Thanks! I’ll check out your video!

No it hasn’t been fixed yet. They want me to drive to Albany with no explanation on how long it will take, if the part is in stock, or if they are giving me a loaner.... other issues have popped up too. I’ll be making a video on those soon.