Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Human eyes.

main_slide_7_wt_jeep_front_v4.jpg

Hi guys. I've been reading these forums for a while ... first post. I have non-sig reservation #10 in Canada for an X. Love seeing all the details.

Can someone who has access share the final dimensions of the car if that info is in the spec sheet or somewhere on the screens you have access to?

Thx!

So it appears that the X configuration page is designed to conceal some features and save them for the big reveal show which could occur in a few weeks.

1 -- The most obvious feature not yet shown is how the second row seats move: what do they do when the Falcon doors open (do the two side seats pivot and face outwards, which also means the third row is easier to access) and do they move forwards and partially flatten to allow more rear storage capacity when the third row folds into the floor?

2 -- Is the tint at the top rear of the windshield glass controllable in some way? I think it must be, which has been extensively discussed of course, and would be totally awesome.

3 -- What does the nose look like? We don't know yet.

4 -- What is the price of a base X with the 70kWh battery and no options? My guess is slightly under $80K.

It will be interesting to see what is available on the Sig. Not sure if it is worth it. For as long as some people have loaned them $40K you'd think they throw quite a few things in ... including "Ludicrous" mode, towing, etc.

This same argument was advanced with Model S... I disagree with it. Let's just use your example of "throwing in" ludicrous mode and towing, and a simple target of 20% gross margin (probably optimistic). $10.750 in options, so at 80% figure cost of $8,600. That would be the equivalent of a 6.6% interest rate over 3 years when compounded annually - something no company is going to do for their customers.

If you wanted to make your money grow, invest in TSLA. $40K loan gets you first access, and not much more (in fact, on Model S we paid an extra $6k for that ability).

- - - Updated - - -

Me either. #292. I don't understand all the comments by people. What pictures are they looking at? Just the couple posted here?

See post #11 in this thread (page 2).

This same argument was advanced with Model S... I disagree with it. Let's just use your example of "throwing in" ludicrous mode and towing, and a simple target of 20% gross margin (probably optimistic). $10.750 in options, so at 80% figure cost of $8,600. That would be the equivalent of a 6.6% interest rate over 3 years when compounded annually - something no company is going to do for their customers.

If you wanted to make your money grow, invest in TSLA. $40K loan gets you first access, and not much more (in fact, on Model S we paid an extra $6k for that ability).

- - - Updated - - -

See post #11 in this thread (page 2).

Also, think of the 40K as 'paying it forward'.

Any word if the Gentex Full Hybrid Mirror Display will be included/offered?

There's also no news of the 360 view camera, which I am almost sure is in this vehicle. If you look at the disclosed information it seems they have gone to great lengths to not advertise any new features other than the Falcon Wing doors and towing that are not in the Model S. They are saving all the goodies for the official reveal. They also want to hold off on announcing the new toys in the X for as long as possible so as to not slow down current Model S sales.

I'm highly dissatisfied with the dash and interior. It looks identical to the S. The didn't even fix the center console. You could forget which car you are driving based on the inside.

Don't be so harsh with your judgment just yet. See my comment above. They have gone out of their way to not disclose anything new or better in the Model X, when we all know that the Model X interior will be more refined than the Model X. They don't want anyone about to buy a Model S to hold off on their decision so they are delaying announcing the Model X niceties until the reveal.

I'd be shocked if the Model X interior isn't improved. And I agree Model X moms and families will need a center console so the car does not end up a cluttered mess with random things exposed and in plain sight.

Don't be so harsh with your judgment just yet. See my comment above. They have gone out of their way to not disclose anything new or better in the Model X, when we all know that the Model X interior will be more refined than the Model X. They don't want anyone about to buy a Model S to hold off on their decision so they are delaying announcing the Model X niceties until the reveal.

I'd be shocked if the Model X interior isn't improved. And I agree Model X moms and families will need a center console so the car does not end up a cluttered mess with random things exposed and in plain sight.

I think maybe that was tongue in cheek a bit