Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it appears that the X configuration page is designed to conceal some features and save them for the big reveal show which could occur in a few weeks.

1 -- The most obvious feature not yet shown is how the second row seats move: what do they do when the Falcon doors open (do the two side seats pivot and face outwards, which also means the third row is easier to access) and do they move forwards and partially flatten to allow more rear storage capacity when the third row folds into the floor?

2 -- Is the tint at the top rear of the windshield glass controllable in some way? I think it must be, which has been extensively discussed of course, and would be totally awesome.

3 -- What does the nose look like? We don't know yet.

4 -- What is the price of a base X with the 70kWh battery and no options? My guess is slightly under $80K.

4 -- Agreed. If the top-of-the-line X is about the same as the top-of-the-line S, I'd assume similar pricing all the way down.

cup holders!! Finally I see cup holders for the rear seats!!

Model S third row has cupholders. It's the second row that's always been the problem.

ui_option_rear_seats_3.jpg

has anyone noticed how the visors fold up and to the side window giving you a much larger front windshield without a visor blocking your view?
I noticed that as well. That windshield comes back waaay farther than anything else I've seen on a production vehicle. It comes so far back they had to mount the visors on the pillar instead of the roof. That may make the car feel very open, almost convertible-like.

I hope they know what they're doing, there. Airbag operation in that pillar is crucial to good performance on the small offset frontal collisions. It'll be a tricky engineering feat to cram those both in there without the visor becoming a projectile during a crash or feeling "loose" to the touch in normal operation.

I agree there's something up with those second row seats. I'm curious to see what they have planned. Not being able to adjust the recline independently of the seat bottom is unusual, so they've certainly got some kind of trick up their sleeve here.

View attachment 92622
This lightened photo from isandunkon reddit shows things a bit more clearly. I don't think anyone has mentioned that the 2nd row seats seem to show they can slide forward and backward...my non-engineer mind then can't imagine how these seats will be able to swivel/rotate. As was previously shown in user artwork, one way to get a "flat" storage space might be to slide the 2nd row all the way forward and then lay the seatbacks all the way back. With the third row folded flat there will be an almost flat surface. Third row is elevated compared to second row.

There's absolutely nothing super special in the looks of the 2nd-row seats, so I'd say it's practically guaranteed that Tesla is hiding the actual look/design. It surely knew these would be leaked, and doesn't want them shown before the unveiling.

This appetizer I hope is a precursor to a great main course. After so many delays I really hope those pics are not the 'real deal'.

Most kids sit in the second row, as do adults in a vehicle that has three rows..and the third is often for excess capacity. Hopefully there is storage ie. cupholders, pockets for all my kids 'junk'. Is the family not the 'target' audience?

I already mentioned, would of liked to see more colours. Is the new paint factory opening? Are they waiting for that to give more choice?

I really hope the center console is not the same as the model S. The model S center console has received a lot of criticism on this forum for its poor ergonomics and functionality.

Lastly, and most concerning is the range. I think it noted range of 250 miles? Thats the big battery. What is the smaller battery range (all I can probably afford with the Canadian dollar tanking). What is the real world range with a fully packed for camping vehicle -bikes, tent, etc... with the heat on, radio on, etc... on a windy BC road? 200 km? 250km? 300km? I am willing to bet NOT 400 km. This could be the deal breaker...and I am afraid we wont have those numbers until winter and some real world reports start trickling in.

ok. i need to go chill, and breathe, and wait for the reveal for some clarification.

Looking at these three pedestals in the second row, I get the impression that robotically one by one they can move forward swivel 180° then back into the backs of the front seats. This would open up ample space behind the second row in forward rear facing position. It would also be cool to watch the robotic choreography.

the Narita express in Japan has 180 rotating seats, but to do so requires extra space. I just don't see the space available to do so in the seat configuration.

Here re are the Narita express seats in action.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=inOgHqvhjzg[/video]

No mention of Air Suspension in either the Signature description screenshot or in the options screenshot. Standard on X? Not offered?

Edit: Thank you mspisars and hockeythug for pointing out it is in the confirmation page screenshot (included with Signature orders).

Last edited:
There's absolutely nothing super special in the looks of the 2nd-row seats, so I'd say it's practically guaranteed that Tesla is hiding the actual look/design. It surely knew these would be leaked, and doesn't want them shown before the unveiling.

I don't pay close attention to seats in other SUVs, but I doubt any are mounted like these. There's no way Tesla is hiding the final interior from customers. The way the seats move is probably what makes them special, plus they do look good.

I don't pay close attention to seats in other SUVs, but I doubt any are mounted like these. There's no way Tesla is hiding the final interior from customers. The way the seats move is probably what makes them special, plus they do look good.

Man, Elon made a really big deal about these seats two or three times. If they don't do magic, and this is a good preview, I'm a bit disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

I already mentioned, would of liked to see more colours. Is the new paint factory opening? Are they waiting for that to give more choice?

Same here. Ugh...