Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously? Am I the only person that noticed that AR was deeply hurt by all the negative responses he got? He indicated that he was going to step down from his analysis work, so I think he has moved on.

I got the impression he was a bit hurt, but I figured he was sticking around and just wasn't going to write such long, speculative posts. Would be really sad if he didn't pop on here.

Just posted on the Norwegian forum and reposting here some new pictures...
Hello to all X Signature holders, finally this day came!

- - - Updated - - -

And one more picture from the Norwegian forum with available colors for Model X Signature...
Expected delivery date for Model X Signature holders is December 2015.
But unfortunately it looks like that Configuration for Norwegian Signature X owners (and European :) is still on hold.

Attachments

• Inside1.jpg
    Inside1.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 3,161
  • Inside2.jpg
    Inside2.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 2,714
  • Colors.jpg
    Colors.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,598
I still maintain what I said earlier. 2nd seat bottom rotates up against the front seat (note curve of bottom closely matching front seat's back) and then the 2nd seats back folds up (vertically) against the front seat back. Thus allowing easy access to 3rd row. However, to increase cargo space, 3rd seat's back merely lays forward - flat.
Not seeing it due to lack of hinge in the 2nd row seats between seat and back. Plus the seat control seems to indicate it moves as one complete part.

I'm with the "it lowers and spoons the 1st row seats" crowd. It seems to make sense given the pedestal. Even the middle seat would do the same, going under the 1st row armrests. That's my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at these three pedestals in the second row, I get the impression that robotically one by one they can move forward swivel 180° then back into the backs of the front seats. This would open up ample space behind the second row in forward rear facing position. It would also be cool to watch the robotic choreography.
Not seeing this either. In order for the seats to rotate, they would need space to clear each other as the spin. Indication from pics is that's not possible. Not enough clearance. unless they dropped then spun. The pedestals aren't cylindrical either.

I am now doubting that Tesla will offer a Model X with a 70kWh pack. The 90 gets 2.67 miles/kWh. So a 70 would get maybe a 190 mile range. Anything less than 200 miles would not be acceptable for Tesla.

Don't forget you are looking at the Performance 90 kWh for 2.67 miles/kWh. The standard 90 kWh vehicle may be more efficient and thus, a 70 may just get a 200 mile range.

That dark red is not bad, but my favourite colour is still the now discontinued dark blue of the Model S.

I loved the green and the brown... still hoping more of the spectrum will become available in the coming year. Right now we have shades of black, red, white, a blue (which does look pretty hot on the Model X), and "titanium metallic" (which I do love, but I'm not so sure about it on the X).

Here are some images of the model x I was able to find by manipulating the urls: http://imgur.com/a/VHg5Q

I believe all the colors and included and both sized wheels. If you look at the interior picture you can see it is of a model s however if you look through the sunroof there appears to be the falcon wing door which doesn't show up in the model s version of the picture.

Also this was the only view for the car that was available on the website. It looks like they haven't uploaded a front or side picture yet.

Several new Supercharger locations have at least one pull-forward stall which a trailer-laden MX could charge at without unhooking.

Excuse my ignorance, but do we know for sure that the charge port is located in the same spot as the S? From a parts supply standpoint it would be wise of Tesla. However, I would prefer a port towards the front as it would make SC charging and (my) home charging easier.

Look at how the third row seats rest on a portion of the floor that is raised. My theory is that the second row seats rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise, drop flush to the floor and move forward so that the bottom of the second row is flush to the back of the front row.

The third row seats could then rotate forward and unfold so that they are flush with the floor beneath the third row seat. The floor of the cabin would be comprised of the bottom of the third row and the back of the third row. All the leather seating surfaces would be protected.

The hinge point of the third row rolling forward (clockwise) would be the bottom of the front of the seat.

Third row goes from this:

x
X
X
OOOo
_____

to this:

_____oOOOXXXx

I'll buy your 3rd row theory. But not your 2nd row one.

I'm amazed how much discussion there is about the seats. Personally, I don't need the third row so it doesn't interest me much (although I'm hoping they do something cool). I'd just like to know how much it's going to cost at this point (models and options).