Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any futher details on that ? The language of mixed driving etc makes me feel this is the range Tesla expects to get from EPA.

For eg. I'd expect to get nearly 73 miles in Leaf at highway speeds.
Those were applications where the user could make adjustments to various aspects--ie. how much hwy, how fast, how much city, etc. Those numbers are pretty meaningless other than for that specific person's inputs.

Thanks Nigel. That is probably as good a guess as we have now. 7.9" would be able to handle all but my worst local road condition scenarios. I will just have to avoid those spots on those days same as I do now.
Air suspension is the wildcard. Assuming that the photo was taken with the air suspension at its normal setting, you'll be able to get another inch or so upwards on High 2.

Got it - but funny how it matches with what EPA numbers might be.

Yes, what Evan said. I'm expecting EPA range around 260 miles, if measured the same way as Leaf, based on Tom's number: 85 miles for the Leaf is equivalent to the measuring of the Roadster. However, with battery packs larger than 200 miles, I expect Tesla's @55mph number is more relevant since at least in my experience you'd exceed that range only on highway trips of rather constant speed (unless there is a lot of traffic). Additionally, the @65mph and @70mph numbers are interesting, but in the "65" screenshot above one cannot see which other variables were changed to non-default.

Air suspension is the wildcard. Assuming that the photo was taken with the air suspension at its normal setting, you'll be able to get another inch or so upwards on High 2.

Yup the air suspension would help in the situations where 7.9" were not enough because I could probably go slow enough for it to be active. The trick is not to go so slow that I get stuck. Best to just avoid those roads on those days.

Back on topic - did you calculate any other dimensions of X ?

I figured on 7' ¾" high. Vger posted that he heard a comment from Franz that it was 7'.

I figure the body is slightly narrower than the S, it's difficult to tell as the only side-by-side pic only show half the Model S, but I calculate it at 75" versus the S at 77.3". The S looks like it has wider wheel arches, maybe as a result of the 21" wheels?

There are no length pics available where anything can be measured to scale.

I figure the body is slightly narrower than the S, it's difficult to tell as the only side-by-side pic only show half the Model S, but I calculate it at 75" versus the S at 77.3". The S looks like it has wider wheel arches, maybe as a result of the 21" wheels?

There are no length pics available where anything can be measured to scale.
I got the body to be wider.

Once you get the height, using other pictures, you can calculate the length.