TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X summon via App but not Key Fob?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Firewired, Nov 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Firewired

Firewired Member

We took delivery of out Model X in September. At first I thought that summon just did not work despite seeing that option in settings. When I would try it via key fob nothing would happen. Yesterday on a whim, I tried the phone app when they fob again did nothing. Phone app works fine. What gives, is there an issue with just my key fob, or is this a known issue?

Thanks

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

You can't summon the X with the key

• Like x 2
  3. Firewired

Firewired Member

Wow, that was fast! Thanks. Weird it works with the app.

4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Yea, from my understanding only the S can be summoned with the key

5. Commuter

Commuter Member

That is correct. But I can't understand why you can summon the S with the fob but not the X. There must be a good reason, but I can't think of one.

6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

The X sensors are laid out differently than the S. If summons uses AI logic, then the X summons logic needs time to get trained.

7. outie

outie Active Member

But what does that have to do the keyfob? The X can still do summon in the car or with the app.

• Like x 2
  8. Commuter

Commuter Member

Right. Whether you initiate summon with the app or the fob, what's the difference? Is there not a button on the fob available due to the FwD buttons?

• Like x 1
  9. travwill

travwill Active Member

I guess they just know that there seems to be more accidental pushes on the X fob it seems - can vouch for that here from our S versus X fobs. To initiate Summon, you would hold the roof button down, easier to do on X fob I guess. Then you have to press front/back to tell it direction though, and don't have to hold it, so much easier (although not THAT easy) to do an accidental Summon.

10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Good point. I've got nothing else. Maybe the engineer who was working on the software is off on maternity/paternity leave for 9 months, so it's delayed.

• Funny x 2