Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Suspension Height Keeper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
This may be a silly question, but I haven’t found a definitive answer: is there any way to keep the ride height at high/very high indefinitely? I’m asking because I’m interested in purchasing a new X and I’m confused by the post raven suspension settings. I apologize if this has been answered previously. Thank you.

The suspension is not built for high speed in High and Very High settings. See the thread on the shudder issue. Even Standard is not great for running at highway speeds. The setting limits have actually tightened because of the wear effects so won’t change unless there is a major suspension redesign.

The suspension is not built for high speed in High and Very High settings. See the thread on the shudder issue. Even Standard is not great for running at highway speeds. The setting limits have actually tightened because of the wear effects so won’t change unless there is a major suspension redesign.
Yeah, I get that, and that makes sense. I guess what I would like is to keep it at very high for city driving and low on the freeway.

Yeah, I get that, and that makes sense. I guess what I would like is to keep it at very high for city driving and low on the freeway.

You may want to search for ' suspension links' and then design a box of electronics to sense a number of inputs re-map inputs and outputs should not be difficult., however may not be worth the time and cost.

Tesla may void your warranty.

Yes, using the geofence option, but these ride heights have speed limits so if you meant all the time at all speeds then No.

It's actually worse than that. I was recently on a large parking with snow and driving slow ybrough it looking for a space, suspebsion was constantly resetting to normal after very short time and grofencijg didn't help. It's actually pretty inconvenient and bareoy usable post-update :(

P.s. '20 Raven LR

Owners should not routinly drive their cars at very high or very low. There is little suspension movement available at those settings and the geometry is not the best for ride nor jounce.

These settings mostly are only for low speed usage. Running at very high will give lots of ground clearance, but no range left to absorb bumps.

Owners should not routinly drive their cars at very high or very low. There is little suspension movement available at those settings and the geometry is not the best for ride nor jounce.
These settings mostly are only for low speed usage. Running at very high will give lots of ground clearance, but no range left to absorb bumps.

Very Low is perfectly fine on the highway.