Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stats of as May 2014:
  • ~ 16k Global Total (15,923)
  • 1,318 in the past month[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • 42.5 per day
  • Average to Date of 576 per month (5% increase)
  • Average to Date of 18.9 per day
  • Trend line[SUP]2[/SUP] is now showing we could expect over 1,350 reservations in June!

View attachment 50746

Footnotes:
1. Spike in monthly rate in March is due to first China Stat of 764.
2. Per month values are spiky due to the nature of the tally not being exact values at the end of the month. Trend line meant to show this smoothed out.
Paul...nice work. Currently at 17,263 - which is 1,340 since the end of May...and one more shopping day left! Your estimate was 1,350...

Last edited:
Would be nice to see this graphically

See post #2 in this thread for links to Google docs with graphs.

Paul...nice work. Currently at 17,263 - which is 1,340 since the end of May...and one more shopping day left! Your estimate was 1,350...

LOL... It'll be awesome if this pace continues to pick up!

My monthly graph will come a few days after the midnight Hawaiian time zone sales are in... hehe.

Will wait to get all of June stats in first. :)

Model X Global Tally exceeds 17k!

Stats as of June 2014:

• ~ 17.4k Global Total (17,389)
  • 1,466 in the past month (11% increase)
  • 48.9 per day (15% increase)
  • Average to Date of 609 per month (5.7% increase)
  • Average to Date of 20.0 per day (5.8% increase)
  • Trend line is now showing we could expect over 1,550 reservations in July

Model X Global Tally as of June 2014.png

Last edited:
Stats of as June 2014:

• 1,466 in the past month (11 % increase)
  • 48.9 per day (15 % increase)
  • Average to Date of 20.0 per day (5.8 % increase)

View attachment 52967

Too much fun to watch...as I see the slope of the line go up, I couldn't be happier I pulled the trigger...can't wait to see this after the reveal event, or if there was anything resembling public marketing/free advertising. I have full expectation of the full year of Model X production being spoken for. Dream baby dream.

Stats as of June 2014:

• 1,466 in the past month (11% increase)
  • 48.9 per day (15% increase)
  • Average to Date of 20.0 per day (5.8% increase)

thanks so much for posting this. I love having the averages there. Really shows the acceleration.

Last edited:
Based on the Model S can we speculate on the percentage of reservations that will fall out. Do not know how many model s reservations were cancelled but just wondering what might be the number on the model x.

The other 'fall out' to consider, unlike the S reservations, is how many people have reservations for both the Sig X and production X. I have one of each, as do others. Reason: If the Sig has mandatory features that I do not want (want to pay for) then I will apply the Sig down payment to the Production X reservation.

The other 'fall out' to consider, unlike the S reservations, is how many people have reservations for both the Sig X and production X. I have one of each, as do others. Reason: If the Sig has mandatory features that I do not want (want to pay for) then I will apply the Sig down payment to the Production X reservation.

but considering that the delivery delay between Signature and Regular will be so big, at least 6 months. The difference in features would have to be very big for the post people to really skip the Sig reservation.
Also I dont think there are to many people thatdid it the way you did it.
And all the Sig reservations are soldout anyway, so all reservation from the time they were sold out (months ago) wont have the double reservation method you have.

I don't think the delay from sig to production will be that long. Certainly no where near the delay on the S. I also think the cancellation rate will be much less on the X. Tesla was still somewhat unknown back in the early S days. We didn't know exactly what the S would be. The reviews and safety ratings were unknown. Tesla is known now, and we certainly have a much better idea what the X will be considering the S and X are built on the same platform. All of this takes out uncertainty, except for pricing. I think most people holding X reservations intend to follow through.