Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated Tally with fresh numbers from the Norwegian X reservation thread.

Signature reservations in Europa have passed the 400, so guess it will take to long time before it is sold out.

Have gone up from 288 to 402 in 3 and a half month.
Guess a month or two and it is all gone.

It is not long before Tesla need to change the text on the homepage again, DELIVERY ESTIMATE FOR NEW RESERVATIONS IS SPRING 2016.

sigurdi

I think it is in the Q1 letter to share holders it was mentined that X will ramp up to full production (same as model S in Q2)
Since the Giga factory is not even started on, it will be quite posible problem to get unlimited battery packs.

Full producton in Q2-Q4 (same numbers as S today - around 7500) will give a production around 20 000-25000 and some of them will be demo and service cars.

The model X reservation numbers is updated from the Norwgeian elbilforum. Reservasjon

Also in norway 1/3 of all new cars is 4WD and SUV or minivans.

I am also guessing that the X will be even more popular than the S. (It is 5000+ model S in norway today and that is less than one year since first arrived)

sigurdi

Last edited:
I think a lot of the reservations in Europe is from Norway. :)
Norwegian like to see, feel, drive be fore baying. :)

It was not that many reservations of the Model S, be fore the first was delivered.
Almost 1986 cars delivered from August to December 2013.
(Aug - 185, Sept - 616, Okt - 98, Nov - 527 and Des - 553)
January to June 2014 - 3136 Tesla sold of 72385 total car sale. (Tesla have 4.3% of total car marked in Norway today. :)
We are around 5 million people and it is a total of 2.5 million cars. :)
Tesla are the 10th best selling (3136), Mercedes-Benz is on 11 (3100 cars), Opel 15 (1633), Chevrolet 25 (239)

So how many reservations is it of model X in US if you ask 5 million.:)

And not only people on TMC he he he

Source:
Bilsalget i juni : OFV AS

sigurdi

Last edited:
Yay! Glad you're back in the queue again! Hopefully the volt worked out (I'm also in the leased-PHEV-while-waiting club)

Volt works fine. I got a Leaf too - I like it better - feels more spacious. Also like the fact it's a pure EV.

I was looking at upcoming EVs like the B-Class / E-Golf / i3 / etc and I realized the only car I really want is the Tesla. So I'm not #32 anymore - I'm #11,626 instead - but hopefully that will end up being delivered in Fall 2015 (which is when the Volt lease is up).

Glad to see they're tooling up the factory for the Model X and hopefully they'll unveil the latest and greatest version in the near future.

Just re-plunked down my deposit on a Model X #11,626 in US.

With 11,230 on July 4th, we essentially had 400 the last 17 days in the US, or about 24/day. Right now worldwide it looks like we're about 50/day. Just a guess, but when they do the reveal event, and perhaps 'Get Amped' test drives around the country, that number for the US will double. At least. Do the same thing in China and Europe and we'll be over 100 reservations/day before production. Just a guess, don't lacerate me.