Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it will take a while, and definitely not this year. I'm guessing summer of 2013, when the production is within sight. I hope that there won't be a premium on the signature like there was on the S for final cost. I'm not willing to pay a $10,000 premium just to get my hands on it first. Anyway, excited to get my hands on it.

After simply riding around in my dad's Model S for a week (she hasn't even driven it yet because she had hand surgery last week) my mom got herself a Model X reservation. It was made yesterday (11/17/12) and is General Production #1833.

About 2,000 in 9 months... Don't know how it compares to theModel S, but seems good to me -- especially with very little promo/awareness.

It seems pretty good to me, especially since, during that 9 months, Tesla's also added thousands of Model S Reservations. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the number picks up as soon as Tesla starts advertising.

or picking up as soon as Tesla has the deffinitive car ready, and showed it!
i think most people will order a model S now, and order an x as soon as they have more info
maybe returning the S to get an X

i guess model x reservations will ramp up faster then Model S did, when people see more teslas on the road they get more aware of the brand

maybe also the S is also more for the car-enthusiast, and the x for people less interested in cars but more in practicallity! I think those people first have to see to believe.

About 2,000 in 9 months... Don't know how it compares to theModel S, but seems good to me -- especially with very little promo/awareness.

It seems pretty good to me, especially since, during that 9 months, Tesla's also added thousands of Model S Reservations. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the number picks up as soon as Tesla starts advertising.

or picking up as soon as Tesla has the deffinitive car ready, and showed it!
i think most people will order a model S now, and order an x as soon as they have more info

And when you consider the Model X doesn't even have a price yet the numbers reserving is pretty significant. I am hoping to get my wife hooked on a Gen III. I don't know if I would reserve without pricing details even for that one. Unless I know I will have significant cash on hand for it.

TSLA.jpg

Here is the reservations for the first quarters for each vehicle. The Model S is slightly ahead but the Model X is catching up. I wouldn't be surprised if After 4 quarters the Model X will have more reservations than the Model S did after 4 quarters.