Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be willing to bet as high as 40% won't complete the transaction. There is still room for a serious buyer.

Hoping for lower due to the success of Model S and high resale/residual/demand value. I'd bet the low end is more like 20% or 1 out of 5 drop out.

Has there been any statement from Tesla on first year production target?

They may ramp Model X faster than Model S.

Nothing official, but extrapolations based on the battery deal with Panasonic. I'd be perfectly happier with more on the road quicker, but would also temper the estimates as standing up a production line and hitting schedules isn't easy and has been proven to be a difficultly for TM. Now, scaling that production I'd argue has gone well so....there's that.

Is Tesla already receiving 35 daily Model X reservations? (12,775 annually) What was demand for the Model S like 1 year before deliveries began? At this rate, Tesla will have a backlog of 30,000 reservations by the end of 2014.

I would be surprised if Tesla isn't going to try to deliver 3,000 - 5,000 Model X in 2014, and 15,000 Model X in 2015. This would explain why Tesla isn't commenting on 2014 yet.

Last edited: