Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Toy Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hot Wheels has come out with a toy Model X (in white only, for now).

What I would pay for is a slightly larger version, in black, with Onyx wheels, that I could put on my desk in my office. If anyone has 3D-printing skills and is up for the challenge, send me a message.

It would be difficult to capture the detail as well as Hot Wheels does in metal. An printed car example is at this link, but it shows the 3D digital model, rather than a picture of it after printing. Color printing is possible, but detail is even worse than plain white.

You'd have best luck if you go big with it, like 1/32 and paint it yourself. I don't know of any existing MX 3D model suitable for printing, but it would be a neat desk item. It would take quite a bit of time to create from scratch.

Car at 1"=8' Scale by LGMprod on Shapeways

So while out shopping today I scored!

At one store I spotted 4 Pearl White Model Xs...

Then at the next store I went to I saw two Signature Red Model Xs, they sure look beautiful!

Hot Wheels has come out with a toy Model X (in white only, for now).

What I would pay for is a slightly larger version, in black, with Onyx wheels, that I could put on my desk in my office. If anyone has 3D-printing skills and is up for the challenge, send me a message.
How about this? Not exactly what you want, but maybe you could paint the wheels black. This is 1:32, which is a bit larger than Hot Wheels. I'm waiting for a 1:16 version myself.

1:32 Tesla Model X 90D SUV Diecast Model Car Sound&Light Pull Back Toy Black | eBay

Reactions: gtmike
picked one up in Blue. For the price very cool. Doesn't come with batteries so you will need 3 X LR44 batteries (install them two up and 1 down). Lights flash when doors open. Trunk and frunk open. Very satisfied for the price. And it moves by pulling back the car as well. FWDs open as well.

Reactions: HabitualUser