Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Travel Trailer Consumption Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that your Airstream does a much better job slicing through the air than my brick.

It’s also unfortunate that I-95 hasn’t been designated a Superspeedway. Doing 65mph in the right lane is akin to standing still - 18 wheelers are blowing by at 85+. It’s a very ridiculous highway and aside from possibly Virginia, is barely policed. Driving 55 would basically block traffic.

That said, I haven’t looked at the total elevation change through the route. I probably should.

It should also be noted that it was *hot*. Mid 90s most of the time, so the HVAC was working overtime. It was easy to tell when the car was diverting cooling to the battery; the cabin temperature was palpably warmer. Still quite pleased with its performance ….

Was also interesting to see others’ reaction to it. We must’ve had at least a dozen people - maybe more - ask if they could take photos. Not sure about the west coast, but this was HIGHLY uncommon here in the east and especially the southeast. Usually very supportive, except for the one person who told me he hoped I flipped over in a ditch. That was … rude.

I wouldn’t go far to complain about excess speeds on I-95. Last winter we towed our Safari Condo A2124 from Maine to Key West, then to Big Bend NP in Texas and back home at 55 mph or slower. That was 15,000 miles total, ME-Key West is 1800 miles one way. No problems anywhere diving at 55. Just set the speed control and stay right.