Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Ultra High Fidelity Sound upgrade for 2500.00

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone
i just place the order MODEL X with ULTRA HIGH FIDELITY SOUND.
is it really worth it ? how is sound compare to factory installed speakers without upgrade ?
dose any has this upgrade and what you think about it ?

Hi everyone
i just place the order MODEL X with ULTRA HIGH FIDELITY SOUND.
is it really worth it ? how is sound compare to factory installed speakers without upgrade ?
dose any has this upgrade and what you think about it ?

I have it in my S and frankly for the cost I don't think it's worth it. For the price you can definitely do better aftermarket. I leased so I wasn't going after market for sure, but I still am disappointed in it overall. It is not bad, just not $2500 extra in quality. I've had far better in other cars for substantially less. Others on this forum may not agree...

I had UHFS in our S and I think it did benefit from it.

For our X I did not get UHFS system, as was inventory we bought without it. But, I must say that it sounds fine, good even. Clear, some nice base, but not crazy, and plenty loud. I think you really only need UHFS if:

1. You like some really loud music, with some deep thumping base. Although standard can go pretty loud already and is clear.
2. You want better sound in the rear say 3rd row and 2nd row. The standard system doesn't have anything much for 3rd row, and less for 2nd - but otherwise sounds good.

For most music the standard is fine in the X, I am happy without it this time. Beats our other BMW X5 audio we have, etc.

I have the standard sound in my Model S (I wanted it but chose the Cold weather Package instead) and the Ultra High Fidelity system in my wife's Model X. I do agree that the sound in the standard system is fine if you do not need the extra base. I listen to a wide variety of music and have been satisfied with the standard system. The base in the UFS is better but not worth the extra $2500 to me. I am happy I selected the cold weather package instead. I especially like the heated steering wheel.

The UHFS in the X is very very good. Extremely clear sound with a very good soundstage. Much much better than the regular system in my MS. I haven't heard the regular MX system but after hearing the UHFS during my demo rides I would have been sad to be without it.

• Informative
Reactions: HerrJones
It will depend on how the system in your previous car sounded. I was used to my cayenne's bose system , and though not a huge fan of bose.. that thing sounded really really good. The X is not as good, so I would have probably been ok with the normal one. Its a very subjective matter. If u can afford the better system do it.

Reactions: SaintD
I have it in my S and frankly for the cost I don't think it's worth it. For the price you can definitely do better aftermarket. I leased so I wasn't going after market for sure, but I still am disappointed in it overall. It is not bad, just not $2500 extra in quality. I've had far better in other cars for substantially less. Others on this forum may not agree...
Thanks

I had UHFS in our S and I think it did benefit from it.

For our X I did not get UHFS system, as was inventory we bought without it. But, I must say that it sounds fine, good even. Clear, some nice base, but not crazy, and plenty loud. I think you really only need UHFS if:

1. You like some really loud music, with some deep thumping base. Although standard can go pretty loud already and is clear.
2. You want better sound in the rear say 3rd row and 2nd row. The standard system doesn't have anything much for 3rd row, and less for 2nd - but otherwise sounds good.

For most music the standard is fine in the X, I am happy without it this time. Beats our other BMW X5 audio we have, etc.
Thanks
This reply will save me 2500.00
Lol

Reactions: Mjølner and SaintD
I am disappointed with the UFHS in my X. For some context, I am a critical listener and listen to uncompressed sources. The biggest flaws (to my ears -- YMMV) are poor bass response from the subwoofer (you hear it, but don't feel it), tweeters that are poorly located (they should have a direct line of sight to your ears), and overall response that is tinny and flat.

poor bass response from the subwoofer (you hear it, but don't feel it), tweeters that are poorly located (they should have a direct line of sight to your ears)
Not a big sw guy. Those tweeters in the A pillars don't satisfy line of sight?

ui_option_mx_au01_1_medium.jpg