Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Withdrawal!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had to go out of town this past weekend and I figured it was the perfect opportunity for Merlin to get his spa treatment at OCDetailing since I would be riding with a friend in his Sprinter van.

Dropped the X off at OCDetailing on Thursday afternoon, had a few errands to run with the wife on Thursday evening and Friday morning had to head over to my friend's house -- all in the Prius v. Then last night had to drive home with my precision aerobatics plane in the v along with today's commute.

OMG. Exactly two weeks with the X (to the hour) and I have been *completely* spoiled! I thought the v had a lot of cargo space (and, by raw numbers, kind of does) but last night to fit my plane I had to slide my driver's seat uncomfortably forward. I don't feel like I have the same visibility in the v that I have in the X (yes, even with the clear rear window and slightly bigger rear view mirror) and not being able to drive using a single pedal is going to drive me crazy! Not to mention how quickly I have become dependent on autopilot to take the stress out of driving in traffic!

I am *so eager* to get my X back on Friday when I'm back from a business trip.

For all the people complaining about the size of the rear view mirror, it *fully* covers the view out the back window, what more do you need or want?

For people worried, etc. I have vin 247, the paint had flaws but the car is working perfectly! I have no doubt that new builds are even better! I'm eventually going to take Merlin over to the SC to see if we can improve the passenger side wind noise, but that falls into the class of minor annoyances!

For people who have had issues, trust Tesla to take care of them and you will quickly become as addicted to X as I am!

Yes. Getting a 50% job done on the front side windows.

Fly pretty much every Saturday, either at a contest or for practice. With a PVC rack I can transport it relatively easily in the v, but not in a regular Prius. Last night I was without my PVC rack which made it much harder. I was blown away by how much more space I have to work with in the X when transporting the plane! I had thought I had more in the v, but I was very wrong!

• Disagree
Reactions: engle and Drivin
You know what they say about absence and the heart.

I'm looking forward to pictures of the work. The one thing I'm definitely doing is wrapping the seat backs. After our inaugural drive home, I'm considering wrap on the nose. Wow, we collected some critters in a mere 35 miles.

Let me put it this way Driven, I looked at a car with 35% tint and could see through both windows to the other side *and* I could read the LCD display in that car from outside. I'm going a shade lighter so I do not expect anyone without a meter would be able to detect the slightly darker tint. But it will make a difference to the heat in the car in the summer which, in turn, makes the car more efficient.

I do not consider myself 'entitled' and would not consider the tints I see every day on other cars that are easily 10%. If the police have time to stop me for trivialities like the darkness of my side window tint they are welcome to it and I will pay the fine.

I'd really appreciate it if you would stop judging the decisions others make that have no bearing on your safety or our safety.

Dropped the X off at OCDetailing on Thursday afternoon, had a few errands to run with the wife on Thursday evening and Friday morning had to head over to my friend's house

Small world! I went by there Friday afternoon for an estimate and saw a few MXes there including a pretty blue one. That must have been yours! Mine goes in Thursday for paint and seat back protection.

And enjoy your 50% tint
Exceed the speed limit occasionally
Drive with no front license plates
And every once in a while let go... of the steering wheel while using autopilot
Live free like the renegade you always wanted to be!

I brought mine home from OCDetailing on Saturday. Merlin is in the background of the photo.

Joe did a beautiful job, seat backs look really good with the stealth finish Joe suggested. I am planning to put some tint on the side front windows as well for the heat, but I will have to go back to get that done. There is some sensor issue that can come up with what they have to do to get tint on those windows, so Joe wants to find out more before doing any more of those.

@K-TMG The front windshield seems fine without additional tint. The existing tint at the top does a great job.
image.jpeg

Let me put it this way Driven, I looked at a car with 35% tint and could see through both windows to the other side *and* I could read the LCD display in that car from outside. I'm going a shade lighter so I do not expect anyone without a meter would be able to detect the slightly darker tint. But it will make a difference to the heat in the car in the summer which, in turn, makes the car more efficient.

I do not consider myself 'entitled' and would not consider the tints I see every day on other cars that are easily 10%. If the police have time to stop me for trivialities like the darkness of my side window tint they are welcome to it and I will pay the fine.

I'd really appreciate it if you would stop judging the decisions others make that have no bearing on your safety or our safety.

There are films that reflect IR (heat rejection) and UV while maintaining high VLT such as 3M Crystaline.

If you don't follow the rules than how can you expect others follow them? Of course some laws are unnecessary or too restrictive but in this case darker tint does make it harder to see pedestrians and cyclists at night.

I brought mine home from OCDetailing on Saturday. Merlin is in the background of the photo.

Joe did a beautiful job, seat backs look really good with the stealth finish Joe suggested. I am planning to put some tint on the side front windows as well for the heat, but I will have to go back to get that done. There is some sensor issue that can come up with what they have to do to get tint on those windows, so Joe wants to find out more before doing any more of those.

@K-TMG The front windshield seems fine without additional tint. The existing tint at the top does a great job.View attachment 170815
Nice!

Maybe I missed it but did you have those stock 20's powder coated or plastidipped? They look great!

Not sure I got to say congrats to pvogel yet. Been a bit absent here lately.

Cheers!

Just dropped off my MX in Burlingame and the rep told me 2 to 3 weeks for the list of repairs. Mostly problems with seals and alignment. They mentioned everything is backlogged and everyone is super busy. Saw about 4 MX's there undergoing updates. Very good customer service and accommodating. Withdraws already and it's only been a few hours. LOL