Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Year-end Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent changes related to supercharger access, upcoming price hikes, is there any chance of getting a new car delivered in 2016? We are planning to place an order and wondering whether we can get the delivery before 2016 ends.

Has anyone heard about the delivery dates?

Thanks in advance.

With the recent changes related to supercharger access, upcoming price hikes, is there any chance of getting a new car delivered in 2016? We are planning to place an order and wondering whether we can get the delivery before 2016 ends.

Has anyone heard about the delivery dates?

Thanks in advance.

Watch the inventory lay-out. There certainly will be enough inventory to choose from and a good chance to match what you would be ordering unless you pick really off the wall options choices. I am sure you can get a custom order by year end - but work with a local Tesla store to "help you" ensure it is in your hands by year end. They are starting the lay-out of the AP 2.0 inventory Model S and a few X now - and so they can put your order into the queue and have it easily to you by end of Dec.

Arizona would be by truck and they could build it Dec 20th and get it to the OP. Indiana may differ in terms of transit. But I would not be surprised that both of you could have it by end of December.

No chance the local store does not have any say after it is ordered and confirmed . I ordered on Oct 19th and received an email that will receive in late January or February early.

I ordered my X Oct, 20 and ask for a Jan delivery. and the DS emailed I would receive in late Jan or early Feb. 2 weeks later he emailed me and ask if I wanted it late Dec. Waiting for the new delivery update. HO HO Ho. Santa coming to Town. :rolleyes:

I ordered my X Oct, 20 and ask for a Jan delivery. and the DS emailed I would receive in late Jan or early Feb. 2 weeks later he emailed me and ask if I wanted it late Dec. Waiting for the new delivery update. HO HO Ho. Santa coming to Town. :rolleyes:

You don't want to wait few more weeks for a 2017 built model? I believe there is a significant resell values in between a 2016 and a 2017 model

I placed the order for a 2017 build and am supposed to have the car delivered in Feb. However, I got an email from Tesla saying a vin has been issued as a 2016 and will deliver in late Dec or early Jan...

Seriously? I specifically requested mine to be a 2017 built, I still have not receive a VIN yet. Trust me, I am selling my 2014 S, there is a significant value difference. I would wait for a week to a month for a 2017.

Seriously? I specifically requested mine to be a 2017 built, I still have not receive a VIN yet. Trust me, I am selling my 2014 S, there is a significant value difference. I would wait for a week to a month for a 2017.

It's been a week and I'm still working with Tesla to figure out what the heck is going on. I shouldn't have a 2016 vin when I specifically requested a 2017 built.

Model X - Everything standard except upgraded audio
Enhanced AP
Ordered 11/08
Confirmed 11/16
Vin Assigned 11/17 - 301xx
Placed in production que 11/17
Advised by sales agent delivery will be christmas week.
The mythical creature known as "DS" is nowhere to found despite emails.

Reactions: 8XATL
Model X - Everything standard except upgraded audio
Enhanced AP
Ordered 11/08
Confirmed 11/16
Vin Assigned 11/17 - 301xx
Placed in production que 11/17
Advised by sales agent delivery will be christmas week.
The mythical creature known as "DS" is nowhere to found despite emails.
I think my 28xxx 90D confirmed on Oct 29. I sent my DS an email stating that a 2016 delivery was very important to me, and several days later I received a pretty uninformative reply -- this is, I believe, the one step up from not receiving a response at all. Only thing that gives me hope that she'll be responsive to future questions is that I mentioned to her that she and I have some friends and acquaintances in common. We'll see...

Anyway! Since there is a Tesla store 5 minutes from my house and since the idea of a super helpful DS seems a bit BS, I popped in and asked if they could give me any information regarding the scheduled production date (this is a thing, right?) or delivery. I was told it was scheduled to be built in late (the last week of?) November and should arrive in Chicago by Christmas. (I'm super skeptical about that.)

X 90D
Ordered 10/19
Confirmed 10/27
6 seater
PUP
Enhanced AP + FSD
Cold Weather Package
Tow Package
High Amp Charger

27XXX VIN -- still says in factory queue

DS says delivery "Late Dec/Early Jan" to Chicago