Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model XLR/PLAID 22s vs 20s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I test drove the LR originally back in Sept. it was on 22's and at the time I honestly thought it was pretty soft and smooth coming from 5+ years with Model 3 life on aftermarket 19's, first one was lowered as well.

I ordered my LR X with 20's and it's soft I guess, but the suspension setting matters a bunch too.

I'm usually in Comfort or Auto, but switching to Sport is significantly tighter, more responsive and harsher as yo would expect.

Also the ride height changes the harshness and rebound a bunch. I find myself sometimes going to Medium at times on rough roads just for added comfort, but on the refresh builds you'll default back to Low after 55mph.

Last edited:
22" wheels look the best, but 20" are better in every other respect.
Model X comes with smart adaptable suspension. You can make it softer or firmer in the display.
They handle well and have relatively wide tires. Will not ride as plush as some poor handling competitors.
Latest models have sound dampening windows all around. They tend to be quieter as well.

When I test drove the LR originally back in Sept. it was on 22's and at the time I honestly thought it was pretty soft and smooth coming from 5+ years with Model 3 life on aftermarket 19's, first one was lowered as well.

I ordered my LR X with 20's and it's soft I guess, but the suspension setting matters a bunch too.

I'm usually in Comfort or Auto, but switching to Sport is significantly tighter, more responsive and harsher as yo would expect.

Also the ride height changes the harshness and rebound a bunch. I find myself sometimes going to Medium at times on rough roads just for added comfort, but on the refresh builds you'll default back to Low after 55mph.
I put it in comfort, didn't make much of a difference. I was surprised because my 2018 MS was much more comfortable