Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 82 kWh battery pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to run a diagnostic on my car because I was curious to find out what my battery size was. To my surprise, I have the new battery pack they are supposedly switching all LR model Y’ to. Build date 3/21 with a vin of 146xxx

Can you do this?

Must be in latest 2021.24 software
  1. Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
  2. Type in ‘Dynotest’
  3. Under CFG read “Pack Size”

I bought my MY LR AWD 5 seat in March 31 2021, born March 16, 2021 and it reads 74kwh

Can you check and report back:
  • Car model and trim
  • Performance or 7 seater
  • Born date
  • Pack Size

Can you do this?

Must be in latest 2021.24 software
  1. Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
  2. Type in ‘Dynotest’
  3. Under CFG read “Pack Size”

I bought my MY LR AWD 5 seat in March 31 2021, born March 16, 2021 and it reads 74kwh

Can you check and report back:
  • Car model and trim
  • Performance or 7 seater
  • Born date
  • Pack Size
I tried this and it didn’t work. I held down and got Please enter access code. I typed dynotest (also tried Dynotest) and then nothing. I’m on v10.2 (2021.24.4).

16307921663877257479063734329465.jpg

I tried this and it didn’t work. I held down and got Please enter access code. I typed dynotest (also tried Dynotest) and then nothing. I’m on v10.2 (2021.24.4).
Not sure if this helps but my car had to be unplugged and you need to out your foot on the brake to wake it up so to speak. Only then could I type dynotest and get in to the mode

There may be a limit on the charge too for it to work. When I tried it at 27% it didn't work but did the next day after I charged up to 89%.

I’m not sure how you got that screen. I was able to get into dyno test mode, but the only thing that it did for me was give me a bunch of warnings that a lot of items were disabled such as traction control, stability control, ABS disable and etc. It seemed like it took a hell of a lot of time to get out of that Dyno mode. I tried getting in and out of the car, that didn’t work so I finally stepped on the brake and pushed both steering wheel buttons. Then I walked away from the car for about five minutes and came back and things seem to be back to normal. I never was able to find out what size my battery was. My Vin is 140…And it was born sometime in March 2021.

I’m not sure how you got that screen. I was able to get into dyno test mode, but the only thing that it did for me was give me a bunch of warnings that a lot of items were disabled such as traction control, stability control, ABS disable and etc. It seemed like it took a hell of a lot of time to get out of that Dyno mode. I tried getting in and out of the car, that didn’t work so I finally stepped on the brake and pushed both steering wheel buttons. Then I walked away from the car for about five minutes and came back and things seem to be back to normal. I never was able to find out what size my battery was. My Vin is 140…And it was born sometime in March 2021.
I had to reboot several times and get out of car to get it to not have errors after though lol. Software updated a few days later with .10, which i think removes access

Likely same as mine was. I think the vision cars might be 82kw

IMO, I doubt highly that we'll see Ys with 82kwh battery pack until Austin production line comes online. Even then, they'd be too busy filling up all the backorders for 2021 model year for the remainder of the year and first part of 2022. My money is on 2023 units in late 2022 being produced with the new battery pack.

IMO, I doubt highly that we'll see Ys with 82kwh battery pack until Austin production line comes online. Even then, they'd be too busy filling up all the backorders for 2021 model year for the remainder of the year and first part of 2022. My money is on 2023 units in late 2022 being produced with the new battery pack.
There are already Y’s with the 82kwh pack.