Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y charging at Tesco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, fair to say that some older models charge faster, but talking about cars you can buy new, it's either 11kw or 7kw on pretty much everything. 7kw on the lower end. It's basically moved to 11kw as the standard for AC, and DC Rapid for anything faster.

Chargers are extra weight to carry

Reactions: DJP31
To just tidy up some points made,

On 3 phase supplies
Prefacelift MS were 11 (16a) or 22kw (32a with dual chargers)
All MX and facelift MS are 11 or 17/18kw (24a with high power charger)
M3 and MY are 11kw

On single phase it’s 7kw (32a).

I mention the current as that’s actually the limit, the kw figure comes from multiplying that by the voltage that can vary from about 220v to 250v and as a result the kw figure can vary a bit.

Max charge rate is a function of the lowest capabilities of the car, cable and charge point. Some resulting quirks are a single phase cable on a 11kw charge point will result is 3.6kw charge as only one phase will be active due to the cable and 16a the max current due to the charge point output per phase. Similarly a 11kw cable is 3 phase 16a limited which on a 7kw charge point (single phase 32a) would result in 3.6kw as the cable limits the rate to 16a. It’s why we need to carry bulky 22kw 3 phase 32a cables even though we’d never be able to charge at that rate.

Reactions: TCHK and 26ct2143
I assume you know EAP offers lane changing? Not a cheap option though...
Yes, I used EAP during the one month trial and it was rubbish! The Megan (and others) way of disabling autosteer when you put the indicator on and allowing the car to accelerate as you change lane and the enabling autosteer when in the new lane, is so much better...
Of course Tesla could do the same but it would loose out on that EAP revenue...

Reactions: CWT3LR
Yes, I used EAP during the one month trial and it was rubbish! The Megan (and others) way of disabling autosteer when you put the indicator on and allowing the car to accelerate as you change lane and the enabling autosteer when in the new lane, is so much better...
Of course Tesla could do the same but it would loose out on that EAP revenue...
We have FSD in USA and I find NoA works great these days to pass slower traffic on freeways. We missed out on the EAP trial in UK (were in USA) but I think the "rules" here make it far less useful.