Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y comfort suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard from my SA today after asking him if my car (PF585, late October build, VIN assigned 10/31) had the upgraded suspension. He said "I don't think you have that" and that only cars from Austin were getting the new suspension early. So, that doesn't square with other writings on this board. So who knows. Anyway, we're really happy with our Y, whether we have the new suspension, or not.

From what I gather, these are the parts that needs to be ordered:
DAMPER ASSY FR LH,COIL E3 DM2288362-00-A
DAMPER ASSY FR RH,COIL E3 DM2288367-00-A
RR DAMPER ASSY - COIL DM SP2288463-00-A(2 items)
Does this help anything? It’s a MYLR with VIN PF604

Attachments

• 2998259D-6BDE-4358-AABB-FD285F140B87.jpeg
    2998259D-6BDE-4358-AABB-FD285F140B87.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Informative
Reactions: GOVA
If my brand new model YLR is equipped with comfort suspension, I’ve yet to find it. I took possession of my new Austin built Tesla October 26 after having driven a Tesla Model S for 4 1/2 years. While the Model S ride wasn’t great, I’m sad to say this model Y has the most jarring suspension of almost any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’ve been a Tesla fan boy ever since I’ve got my model S, and I’m also a longtime stockholder. But at this point, I’m thinking about cutting my losses and checking out EVs made by Ford and Hyundai. There is a lot to like about this model Y, but the suspension isn’t one of them. It’s worth noting, I live in suburban Chicago where the freeze/thaw cycle creates some miserable roads.

If my brand new model YLR is equipped with comfort suspension, I’ve yet to find it. I took possession of my new Austin built Tesla October 26 after having driven a Tesla Model S for 4 1/2 years. While the Model S ride wasn’t great, I’m sad to say this model Y has the most jarring suspension of almost any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’ve been a Tesla fan boy ever since I’ve got my model S, and I’m also a longtime stockholder. But at this point, I’m thinking about cutting my losses and checking out EVs made by Ford and Hyundai. There is a lot to like about this model Y, but the suspension isn’t one of them. It’s worth noting, I live in suburban Chicago where the freeze/thaw cycle creates some miserable roads.
Instead of going thru the hassle of trade and purchase new vehicle, maybe check out the aftermarket suspension options from Unplugged or Mountain Pass. I'm sure there are others...

Thats my plan anyway if ride sucks once I get my YP. I live in MN BTW. Our roads suck bad..

Reactions: DrGriz
I have the exact same reaction after receiving my new model YLR. I have a service appointment next week to check it out. I'm praying they find some kind of anomaly to fix. I feel like a bubblehead driving on any type of road other than the highway. Not acceptable.

I got 2023 MYLR with PF589. Checked in local Tesla store, and was told the car was build Oct. 29 and it has the new softer suspension. If that is the "softer ride" what was the ride before? I still have 2019 Model 3 and so far I am disappointed from the harsh ride at low speed and high booming cabin noise. It could be acceptable when the price for the same car was 15K lower, but for almost 70K car the noise and the ride are really bad in my opinion. I loved Model 3 so did not do test drive, but just don't like this car. Also so many things from Model 3 are missing or worse. 70K car with no USS, no radar, no garage opener, rubber steering wheel, no charging cable, less speakers, paid connectivity etc. etc. Very disappointing.

I have a 22 LR Y with Geminis I took delivery of in June. I have no issues with the suspension, not sure of all the complaints. It doesn’t ride as soft as my Model S, but I never expected it to since comparing air suspension to coil is not apples to apples. It doesn’t ride any rougher than the Audis I owned previously.

I got 2023 MYLR with PF589. Checked in local Tesla store, and was told the car was build Oct. 29 and it has the new softer suspension. If that is the "softer ride" what was the ride before? I still have 2019 Model 3 and so far I am disappointed from the harsh ride at low speed and high booming cabin noise. It could be acceptable when the price for the same car was 15K lower, but for almost 70K car the noise and the ride are really bad in my opinion. I loved Model 3 so did not do test drive, but just don't like this car. Also so many things from Model 3 are missing or worse. 70K car with no USS, no radar, no garage opener, rubber steering wheel, no charging cable, less speakers, paid connectivity etc. etc. Very disappointing.
So sell it for what you paid for it.

Acceptable or not, the Model 3/Y do not have the type of suspension that is available in European cars at these prices. That's just the way it is and Tesla still has no real competition in this area.

Mach-E is supposed to have pretty good suspension so you could go drive that for a comparison.

I see you are in Chicago where there are ~7 or so Tesla Stores
I thought Tesla offers unlimited test drives for vehicles they sell. Don't they? I have test driven MX and 2xMYs.

The letter H F E only says about batch? Isn't "comfort" suspension comes with different numeric value?
No those aren't batch numbers, they are part revision numbers. They may or may not match up though with what is being described as "comfort" suspension since other parts might have gotten new revisions but "comfort" piece might be referring to one specific part change that was made.