Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y comfort suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my LR 2023 a week ago. It came from Shanghai, and had suspensions with a serial number of type 1188463-00-C
I think it is the comfort suspensions, because the comfort is there.
So I'm very happy with it, except that on the fast lane, I feel a strange sensation of bounce.
If I put my head against the headrest, I feel that it bounces a lot. It's really annoying.
Has anyone ever felt this? No solutions to compensate for this sensation?

Did you guys see this story?

I can't find any details anywhere about what changes were made. Anyone get told anything or notice anything with their recent pickups?
there are no specifications available beyond 'they've changed' and "we call the new suspension 'comfort' ".
reports will be little beyond 'eye of the beholder' explanations.

Here are mine on a MYAWD built 2/16 and deliver on 3/2

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 230
My model Y LR built from Austin, delivered end of dec rides very harsh, boomie cabin noice. Spoke to service technician and sales person, according to them Model Y and Model 3s ride harsh And stiff. but my experience of loaner Model 3 is quieter. I wish I hadn’t bought 2023 Model Y LR. Not a pleasant ride.
I recent figured out that a bigger tire with a load index of 106 can be run at 36 psi while maintaining a higher load rating than the stock tires rated at a 101, made a drastic difference in ride quality, more than you would think.

I received my 2023 MYP at beginning of March, when I took delivery I noticed a scratch on the front bumper and I was told to bring it back for repair at a later date. I dropped my car off few days ago and received a 2020 MYP loaner. Loaner has around 28K miles, but the suspension is night and day different compared to my 2023 MYP! The 2020 is very bumpy and you can feel the unevenness of the road. My wife and kids complained of how rough it was, without me mentioning anything. On the freeway, the ride is almost unbearable and bouncy, my god! They have done huge improvements to the suspension and I cant wait to get my ride back.

I test drove the 2023 Model Y Long Range, and found the suspension to be fine. Later I received my 2023 Model Y Long Range, and the ride was completely different after driving a Lexus. After reading about lowering the tire pressure to remedy the ride quality, I did so. Is it possible the Tesla Facility lowered the tire pressure in order to improve ride quality for potential buyers? I have an appointment for the service department to check the suspension, but I suspect nothing will be done to correct the harsh ride. I certainly have second thoughts about buying this car. Is there a way to locate whether or not I have the comfort suspension on my car?

Received a MIC MYP last month (built early Jan 2023) with part numbers

front left 1188371-00-E
rear 1188465-00-E

this means I have older non-comfort suspension? If so then strange since all reports say MIC Ys receive comfort suspension from Jan 1st, maybe my one was using left over old suspension before the switch.

My suspension does feel very hard but I’ve never drive. A comfort Y so nothing to compare, but I’m used to harder suspension coming from a long line of performance cars in the past.