Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Date Push Out to October 2022 - January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hang in there....seems a lot of people that had this same date push yesterday are now getting corrected today to more specific date ranges than they had before. Some report even earlier dates than they had before. I think everyone will be reset to a more reasonable date within then next few days.
I know, I just checked today, and now it is October 18 to December 13. Later than the original September, but better than December to March. Elon, don't lay off anyone! Just focus on building your cars!

Reactions: JDEWD250
I have been making visits to the service center that I’m picking up my car at, made friends with a nice young lady there and made her laugh, all the girls wanna laugh.

Whilst talking with her she mentioned that the have a black model Y that is a showroom car but it had 20’s and no tow.
I ordered tow and Gemini’s.

She is going to “try” to get me that car, if I could drop my tow package and add 20’s it may work.

She said she would be back at work today and to call her. She actually answers her calls! She stated that there is a “possibility” that I could get that one by this weekend! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I am not one to condone sucking up, but in this situation and since she’s a girl I have no problem with it. If it helps that would be great!

I started speaking with her about a month ago, I saw her on Monday and since the end of the quarter push is really going I have a slight bit of hope that it will work. 🤞🏼
Give her the D to see if it expedites the process and let us know if it works.

my order date and profile completion was 12-09-2021. for the longest time the app showed may 30 - June 27. now it’s Oct 2022 - Jan 2023
“here is what the Grand Rapids SE says.
Everything looks set in your account, just waiting on Tesla to start making your Model Y! Once Tesla has made your Model Y, Tesla will send a notification to you with a VIN and that is when I can give you a realistic delivery time. When you do receive that notification let me know so we can go through your account together to get you ready for your delivery with us. Any questions about this?”
Can we pick up our new tesla at Grand Rapids location now?

Im from EU and my EDD was oct - dec ‘22. Yesterday it has been pushed to 11 jan - feb 25 ‘23.

Configurator still says oct - dec ‘22. Anyone tips? Will it change again?

I ordered Oct. 2021,, EDD was June 2022. A few months ago it changed to August 26 - Sept. 23 which it has been since then. Just looked today and now it's Oct.-November. What is going on?? i added a tow hitch a few weeks ago but i hope that didn't cause a problem. I'm getting very impatient, even considering cancelling the order.

Please tell me there is a good chance it'll move back closer and i'll get delivery soon...

I ordered Oct. 2021,, EDD was June 2022. A few months ago it changed to August 26 - Sept. 23 which it has been since then. Just looked today and now it's Oct.-November. What is going on?? i added a tow hitch a few weeks ago but i hope that didn't cause a problem. I'm getting very impatient, even considering cancelling the order.

Please tell me there is a good chance it'll move back closer and i'll get delivery soon...
It might move back. Mine moved to Nov-Feb 2023 stayed there for about a month (previously I had around 3 weeks EDD at the time) Then last week I received a text that I had a VIN, and now I set delivery pickup for next Wednesday. Have faith and stay strong!

If you are going to cancel, you should consider selling your reservation, people are making money since the price increases and high demand.

Although I have no I idea how to do it I have seen others do it.

Good luck

For reference, I ordered a white Model Y LR June 2:
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Black Interior
with Autopilot and Tow Hitch

I did the registration and trade-in selection right after ordering. I got an error 400 when trying to pick the yes/no for financing until today.
My EDD hasn't changed from Dec2022 - Mar2023. I'll update as things change.
I'm optimistic I'll get it before Dec, but def not gonna hold my breath.
Update: just checked and it now says Nov 12 - Jan 7.

Thanks for the encouragement. I called Tesla and it may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't complete the payment and trade in portion of my checklist for all these months. I was told to hold off by Tesla since it doesn't matter until I have a VIN, but that seems to be the culprit.

So the Tesla rep changed my payment to cash and removed the trade in to complete the checklist and now I finally am on to preparing for delivery tasks. He also prioritized my order so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I can add financing and trade in later. From the way he spoke, sounded like he knows how to get things done for customers which I greatly appreciate. He sounded pretty confident that I would be assigned a VIN sooner than later. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for the encouragement. I called Tesla and it may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't complete the payment and trade in portion of my checklist for all these months. I was told to hold off by Tesla since it doesn't matter until I have a VIN, but that seems to be the culprit.

So the Tesla rep changed my payment to cash and removed the trade in to complete the checklist and now I finally am on to preparing for delivery tasks. He also prioritized my order so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I can add financing and trade in later. From the way he spoke, sounded like he knows how to get things done for customers which I greatly appreciate. He sounded pretty confident that I would be assigned a VIN sooner than later. Fingers crossed...
what number did you call :)

VIN has been assigned as of today! Out of nowhere and no I didn’t add full self driving
Thanks for posting your info! I ordered my tesla Long Range Model Y (Blue, 19 inch wheels) on December 18th, 2021. Initially, my EDD was July.

In March it changed to September - January, and in April it changed to October - February, but sometime in the past two weeks it shifted and it is now August 22nd-October 2nd. I'd love to get it sooner rather than later, so I'm hoping it is closer to August 22nd. In fact, my Birthday is August 23rd so that would be ideal :)