Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! New here. I ordered my MY at the end of September 2021, black on white. Delivery just got pushed out AGAIN to May-June. Has anyone else had to wait this long? I know people who ordered in October who received their MY last month. Getting frustrated.
Wait times are variable for sure. You can see some here - Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

Upvote 0
Hello! New here. I ordered my MY at the end of September 2021, black on white. Delivery just got pushed out AGAIN to May-June. Has anyone else had to wait this long? I know people who ordered in October who received their MY last month. Getting frustrated.
Go to the September 2021 ordering thread or the California Waiting Room thread to commiserate.....you will find your best info there...i ordered mid Sept, current EDD is May....

Upvote 0
Just to ease the panic - the Tesla wait-list seems to have a behavior that if you adjust your order, you can go to the "back of the line" for a day or two while it re-sorts who's next.

Thus the experience for swapping from MYLR to MYP is often you had a June EDD, then it says October and you lose your mind, then a bit later it jumps up and has something specific like May 15-22 on it. The narrower the window, the more "real" it is, Stuff that says "June-October" can be regarded as just "we don't know" vs some kind of commitment.

Upvote 0
I have a MYLR on order as well. I ordered it in Feb of 2022 and the delivery dates have changed from Aug-Sep to May-July, now to Oct-Jan2023. After doing some R&D i found out that the ones that have the standard wheels (19") got pushed back more than the ones with the upgraded wheels. But with Texas needing to ramp up and china being down there will be sum major push backs in delivery dates. With Texas being a semi letdown i have a feeling that the LR model y will be much higher price once the 4680 get pushed out. so like Tesla style pick a model and wait to see what they will give you.... but they will deliver you just have to wait.

Upvote 0
I have a MYLR on order as well. I ordered it in Feb of 2022 and the delivery dates have changed from Aug-Sep to May-July, now to Oct-Jan2023. After doing some R&D i found out that the ones that have the standard wheels (19") got pushed back more than the ones with the upgraded wheels. But with Texas needing to ramp up and china being down there will be sum major push backs in delivery dates. With Texas being a semi letdown i have a feeling that the LR model y will be much higher price once the 4680 get pushed out. so like Tesla style pick a model and wait to see what they will give you.... but they will deliver you just have to wait.
I'm in California and Fremont should be where my MYLR will come from🤷‍♂️, right? So, question is, how many MYLR are made per day/week at the facility to accommodate all Fremont MYLR deliveries? I found an article on "Bloomberg" dated Jan 2022, that stated Fremont was pushing out 8,550 "Tesla's" a week, it did not specify/breakdown the Models.....That's alot of Tesla's in my opinion......And out wait times are approximately 6 months. Tells me demand is through the roof for this car/suv.

Upvote 0
Tesla lumps together 3 and Y models when reporting production, but those make up 95% of teslas output, and we know the model Y has the most demand, so I think it's easy to assume that a bit more than half of what's coming out of Fremont is MYLR with the remainder being M3, MYP, MS and MX in roughly descending order.

I think Fremont is running recently at around 300k per year pace with ambition to raise that to 500k.

So with those handwave assumptions and a bit of math, it might be like 3k or 4k Model Y's per week. That at least gives you a ballpark for it. Texas will start making MYAWD's, but the China and Berlin examples show that new factories start their ramp at a few hundred per week, so it won't put much of a dent in demand right away.

Upvote 0
Tesla lumps together 3 and Y models when reporting production, but those make up 95% of teslas output, and we know the model Y has the most demand, so I think it's easy to assume that a bit more than half of what's coming out of Fremont is MYLR with the remainder being M3, MYP, MS and MX in roughly descending order.

I think Fremont is running recently at around 300k per year pace with ambition to raise that to 500k.

So with those handwave assumptions and a bit of math, it might be like 3k or 4k Model Y's per week. That at least gives you a ballpark for it. Texas will start making MYAWD's, but the China and Berlin examples show that new factories start their ramp at a few hundred per week, so it won't put much of a dent in demand right away.
3k to 4k a week and then you have color and upgrade accessories that breakdown that 3k to 4k even more. I ordered MSM/BLK/20"! Crazy how much demand is out there for a Tesla.

Upvote 0
I ordered my Y LR 7 seater in October and got pushed 3 days ago from April 28- May 29th,to may 25th to June 28th.It sucks, because interest rates keep going up, also sold my car back in December.

Upvote 0