Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y fence-sitter contemplating CPO Model S as holdover.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are your driving habits? For nearly zero money you can buy a used Nissan Leaf to hold you over. It has surprising capacity due to the fold down seats and hatch back. I bought one to hold me over until the M3 arrives... If you drive less than 30 miles to/from work every day the Leaf is a good option and used ones are CHEAP.

-Jim

Yeah i wouldn't buy either of those outright but the Leases are far cheaper than the model X lease ($500-$600 /mo instead of $1000+ for the Tesla). Not sure how it is in Canada but stateside these heavily subsidized leases can be a bargain.

In Canada, you have to work really hard to get a Model S Lease in under $1000- good down payment plus long lease term, and that's WITH a $14,000 gov't incentive.

In the end I abandoned my Model S CPO plan. I'm doing a 4 year lease on an Audi A3 etron (5-door Sporthatch). Only 35-40km of pure electric range, but after doing some map checking, that actually met all my day to day in-town commuting. And for longer drives it's a pretty darn good hybrid. So I think my gas usage will drop by about 2/3rds (or more, we'll have to see). It's a 40K MSRP up here, with an 8K discount from the government.

At the end of the lease we'll walk away or my wife will take it over (likely, she really likes the car), and this should be just about when Model Ys will start shipping to Canada (late 2020, early 2021).

Thanks for the responses everyone!