Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

truenorth

Jun 14, 2019
Kelowna, BC
Wow...again, ordered mine Aug 21...still no VIN. Got a message today saying it would be ready for delivery within 2-3 weeks. Wow...why so long...that means if it extends right to the end, then it will likely be 6 weeks from order to delivery. Seems a bit long considering some people are getting their vehicles within a couple of weeks.

Dirtydawg

Aug 26, 2020
Spruce Grove
Wow...again, ordered mine Aug 21...still no VIN. Got a message today saying it would be ready for delivery within 2-3 weeks. Wow...why so long...that means if it extends right to the end, then it will likely be 6 weeks from order to delivery. Seems a bit long considering some people are getting their vehicles within a couple of weeks.
Just noticed I have my vin ordered on August 23rd

YEG EV

Aug 19, 2020
Edmonton
Can anyone recommend where to get all weather floor mats for a Model Y in Canada? All the ones that I see links for are coming out of the states and as such the cost of shipping it across the boarder is almost half the cost of the mats.

WhyYesPlease

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2020
Toronto
Can anyone recommend where to get all weather floor mats for a Model Y in Canada? All the ones that I see links for are coming out of the states and as such the cost of shipping it across the boarder is almost half the cost of the mats.

I looked at these but decided to go with a US product in the end, unfortunately. I didn't like the look of the Canadian product.

DGates

Jul 25, 2013
Squamish, BC
Still no VIN for my Model Y ordered on August 22, not sure if it has to do with the trade in or the hitch.

I got a hitch for mine, ordered Aug 31, delivery Sep 11 (Vancouver), so the hitch isn't the holdup. I'm not doing a trade in. They could be batching up cars for delivery locations I suppose.

ScotteZ

Aug 2, 2020
Waterloo, ON
Just picked up my MY today in Oakville and it was near perfect! The rear seat driver-side window had a 1" scratch on it (will get the glass replaced) and there were two small paint chips that I had them touch up. Gaps seemed to be perfect and everything was nicely aligned and working. Went over a detailed checklist here and couldn't find anything

Very happy driver here!

filotej

Aug 22, 2020
Canada
Just picked up my MY today in Oakville and it was near perfect! The rear seat driver-side window had a 1" scratch on it (will get the glass replaced) and there were two small paint chips that I had them touch up. Gaps seemed to be perfect and everything was nicely aligned and working. Went over a detailed checklist here and couldn't find anything

Very happy driver here!

Nice to hear, I am picking up in Oakville too next week.

Adublyu

Sep 8, 2020
Toronto
Wow, very speedy... Ordered 9/6, got delivery date today of 9/22.
MVPA is still showing 49xxx VIN, but I'm curious as to whether it will update to a different one as I'm assuming I'm not getting a "new" MY based on how late my order was. Located in Toronto.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC