Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just asked the person who's been updating me if there's a chance I can see a car by the end of this month ... He said there's a chance but he can't say how big a chance.

should start at 1:37

I also asked if I'll be getting a local rep or will continue with him. Still waiting for that answer. I'd be happy to keep him as he's been great!

Last edited:
I just asked the person who's been updating me if there's a chance I can see a car by the end of this month ... He said there's a chance but he can't say how big a chance.

should start at 1:37

I also asked if I'll be getting a local rep or will continue with him. Still waiting for that answer. I'd be happy to keep him as he's been great!

How long are our financing agreements & trade ins good for? If they delay beyond the end of the month, would we need to reapply for a new Scotia loan, etc?

Financing I'm not sure but someone else found verbiage saying the trade quote was good for 30 days. Not sure how long TESLA will take for those that have those agreements in place.

I got in touch with the last person I spoke with in April when they sent out the feeler calls. He confirmed that any trade-in offers older than 30 days will indeed have to be reassessed before delivery.

He also told me that I should expect delivery sometime in July-August, so a bit later than what some others have been told. Maybe it’s dependent on config and location. I am picking up in Toronto and have a white/white LR AWD with 20” inductions, for the record. I also don’t have a VIN yet - so, I’m trying not to get too excited, although it’s difficult!

I got in touch with the last person I spoke with in April when they sent out the feeler calls. He confirmed that any trade-in offers older than 30 days will indeed have to be reassessed before delivery.

He also told me that I should expect delivery sometime in July-August, so a bit later than what some others have been told. Maybe it’s dependent on config and location. I am picking up in Toronto and have a white/white LR AWD with 20” inductions, for the record. I also don’t have a VIN yet - so, I’m trying not to get too excited, although it’s difficult!

This is so strange why they would move everyone through the trade in process & financing if they know that delivery is going to be outside of 30 days hence we will need to at least redo the trade in process. Seems like a lot of unnecessary work for them and for us.

It seems that the shipment this time around is mostly blue if not all blue. Works great for me since it means I'll get mine soon (at least I hope that's what it means) but ya you're right that if they put you through the process of submitting for a trade, then they prompted you too early.

Where do you see your vin? On the site? On the source code? I don t see anywhere

Go to your account on the website. you should see
"Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."
If you do, right click and view View Page Source then do a search for "5yjy" and if you have a VIN assigned, it should be found.

Go to your account on the website. you should see
"Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."
If you do, right click and view View Page Source then do a search for "5yjy" and if you have a VIN assigned, it should be found.
I did that all the time and did not show it just appear thi afternnon amd it is the same vin as they gave me. Maybe our car are on the samd truck

I did that all the time and did not show it just appear thi afternnon amd it is the same vin as they gave me. Maybe our car are on the samd truck

Nice! I've been told that the VIN is created when the car is being manufactured and may not be on the truck but I prefer to think it's in the first group and is currently being polished for a June 17 delivery LOL.

I asked the MTL sales guy how much in advance I should hear from someone in advance of the delivery date ... he hasn't responded yet.

Nice! I've been told that the VIN is created when the car is being manufactured and may not be on the truck but I prefer to think it's in the first group and is currently being polished for a June 17 delivery LOL.

I asked the MTL sales guy how much in advance I should hear from someone in advance of the delivery date ... he hasn't responded yet.
Well well Chicago is not far from Montreal I think they go by train to Chicago and then truck after so this am they told me expeted delivery june 19 but they have to prepare the car that is a day or 2 they said. Maybe its same for you I wonder why you couldn nit take delivery there it would go much faster

Well well Chicago is not far from Montreal I think they go by train to Chicago and then truck after so this am they told me expeted delivery june 19 but they have to prepare the car that is a day or 2 they said. Maybe its same for you I wonder why you couldn nit take delivery there it would go much faster

Ya I'm not sure either. They told me that they (MTL) send Ottawa cars to Ottawa, so your trip sounds right. Then once in Ottawa, it needs to get prepped and either picked up at the service center (touchless) or sent to my place. I'll probably be a few days after you due to the extra travel

Ya I'm not sure either. They told me that they (MTL) send Ottawa cars to Ottawa, so your trip sounds right. Then once in Ottawa, it needs to get prepped and either picked up at the service center (touchless) or sent to my place. I'll probably be a few days after you due to the extra travel
So I might see your car when I pick mine I will send you a pict of your car lol

Just cant wait to have that car so funny I am not a car guy my last car except for the model 3 of 2020 I had a van for 15 years the same car. So it is funny to see every one here with the hype for that car
My biggest problem is I have the patience of a 4 year old. I normally keep a car for 3-4 years then sell it and pick up a new one right away. The truck I have now I bought in 45 min.
So to wait a year for a car is crazy for me. The longest I waited was for my Q5 (Audi) and that was 3 months.