Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. I’ve got a white 27xxx

but hoping they’ll give me the 2290 back from the price drop. C’mon manual SA changes lol
From what I have seen so far if you have already received delivery you will likely not get the difference. Still waiting to hear about folks still waiting for delivery. This happens sometimes when you buy a Tesla. There is a new tech that comes out or a price change after you get your car. My LR RWD 3 costs the same as an AWD LR 3 today. It happens.
Also if you bought an ICE vehicle from a dealer, theres no guarantee two people get the same price. At least with Tesla its a bit more transparent.

Me too. I’ve got a white 27xxx

but hoping they’ll give me the 2290 back from the price drop. C’mon manual SA changes lol
I just called my local dealer (my SA is off this weekend) and they told me they will make the price adjustment, my account should be updated in 2 - 3 days. My car is already in route
& I have a VIN but she said its not a problem.

Reactions: Doctormike87
Awesome tips! I’m debating the Snapplate vs. Quick Bandit. I like the minimalism of the snap, but the sturdiness of the bandit appeals to me.

Also looking into Centre console wraps from Ocean.

need to find the matte black badge for the frunk— I’m not sure about ppf and ceramic. Need to do more homework.
Paint qualitybis iffy, this is if you care to seal the paint job you have. First car I did it on. With that flat nose, and no grille, i’m sure we will all be getting chips there

From what I have seen so far if you have already received delivery you will likely not get the difference. Still waiting to hear about folks still waiting for delivery. This happens sometimes when you buy a Tesla. There is a new tech that comes out or a price change after you get your car. My LR RWD 3 costs the same as an AWD LR 3 today. It happens.
Also if you bought an ICE vehicle from a dealer, theres no guarantee two people get the same price. At least with Tesla its a bit more transparent.

I do not know when did you receive your M3, but M3 might not be a good example because there was $14000 EV incentives for early adopters from Ontario Government that nobody bother to mention it?

I do not know when did you receive your M3, but M3 might not be a good example because there was $14000 EV incentives for early adopters from Ontario Government that nobody bother to mention it?
Im not sure if its relevant to this scenario because thats not money that Tesla was giving up. They got paid the whole 65K for RWD even though I got 14K back like 6 months later. When they lowered the price that was money out of their pocket, not the Ontario Gvmt. Same as when they lower prices now.

Im not sure if its relevant to this scenario because thats not money that Tesla was giving up. They got paid the whole 65K for RWD even though I got 14K back like 6 months later. When they lowered the price that was money out of their pocket, not the Ontario Gvmt. Same as when they lower prices now.

But do you think the incentives helped tesla make more sales that times? After Ontario changed it to $5000 rebate for MSRP under $50000, Tesla lowered the M3 price, and offered $49990 for the base M3, why? Is it just coincidence? Or Tesla's Marketing Strategy?

2.5 days, its very good. Nice you csn put car in vallet mode and know no one is driving it. But its a shope I would suspect wouldn’t do that to begin with.

Awesome, thanks - maybe I will give them a call now that I have a delivery date, but I’m thinking I won’t bring it in until the end of August when I have some vacation and can be without a car for a bit.

WRT the price drop, I called my local dealership and was told I needed to go through my SA because it needed to be confirmed in writing. They did offer to reach out to my SA on my behalf.

I was able to reach my SA right after and he told me to send him an email indicating I wanted to be moved to the new price structure and that I acknowledged I could not switch back to the old price structure at a later date. Apparently he has to take a picture of my written request and submit it to Tesla central and I should have my new pricing locked in in about 48 hours.

The cynic in me is worrying that Tesla will recoup the difference by lowering my trade in offer proportionately, but they might have done that anyway - I guess I will just have to wait and see!

Awesome, thanks - maybe I will give them a call now that I have a delivery date, but I’m thinking I won’t bring it in until the end of August when I have some vacation and can be without a car for a bit.

WRT the price drop, I called my local dealership and was told I needed to go through my SA because it needed to be confirmed in writing. They did offer to reach out to my SA on my behalf.

I was able to reach my SA right after and he told me to send him an email indicating I wanted to be moved to the new price structure and that I acknowledged I could not switch back to the old price structure at a later date. Apparently he has to take a picture of my written request and submit it to Tesla central and I should have my new pricing locked in in about 48 hours.

The cynic in me is worrying that Tesla will recoup the difference by lowering my trade in offer proportionately, but they might have done that anyway - I guess I will just have to wait and see!

It’s shocking how different each dealership is! My price difference was resolved over the phone here in Montreal.

are you in Ontario? I emailed my SA today (Sunday), so hoping he’s able to do the same.

i don’t have a trade-in, so there’s no where else they could screw me, unless they keep me at 2.6% at 72, instead of the 2.3%.

I ordered June 7 - LR AWD / 19” / blue exterior / black interior - and have delivery scheduled for Wednesday at Oakville.

I’m planning to go into the store tomorrow to ask about the price drop and get it applied to my order before delivery (it’s worth $6780 to me incl. HST!). Lots of people seem interested in this so I’ll post what happens...

Went to the Oakville store to ask about the price cut on my order this morning - they told me to call tomorrow once the manager is in, the guy I spoke with didn’t know much about the price drop. I don’t have a delivery advisor assigned yet, so that might be part of it.

Went to the Oakville store to ask about the price cut on my order this morning - they told me to call tomorrow once the manager is in, the guy I spoke with didn’t know much about the price drop. I don’t have a delivery advisor assigned yet, so that might be part of it.

I just called Oakville and they confirmed I’m good, but have to send in written confirmation (which I did already). So just need the official word in 2-3 days.

it would be great for the organization to just make these changes for people who haven’t picked up their car. Like I get the retroactive argument for those who are effectively SOL, but like if we don’t speak up, we’re going to lose out on 1-6K depending on configuration? C’mon Tesla lol

related, I’m not sure why they’re keen on telling us once they drop the price lower, we can’t change it back...because a customer is going to want their old, more expensive price back?

Last edited:
I just called Oakville and they confirmed I’m good, but have to send in written confirmation (which I did already). So just need the official word in 2-3 days.

it would be great for the organization to just make these changes for people who haven’t picked up their car. Like I get the retroactive argument for those who are effectively SOL, but like if we don’t speak up, we’re going to lose out on 1-6K depending on configuration? C’mon Tesla lol

related, I’m not sure why they’re keen on telling us once they drop the price lower, we can’t change it back...because a customer is going to want their old, more expensive price back?

I know, right? The only thing I could think of was maybe not being able to get the cheaper price for FSD - like maybe if someone had FSD and decided to remove it and take the cheaper price for the car, but then changed their mind and wanted to revert back to their previous config and get the FSD discounted again?

I know, right? The only thing I could think of was maybe not being able to get the cheaper price for FSD - like maybe if someone had FSD and decided to remove it and take the cheaper price for the car, but then changed their mind and wanted to revert back to their previous config and get the FSD discounted again?
I think its standard confirmation they need because usually changing anything about your config (ie paint, wheels, etc) will lose an older lower price. They still have to do the compliance stuff even when the situation is different.

E-Mailed my advisor today, and he said that they were "currently working on having all existing orders get the price change." Have my delivery scheduled for July 27th. Delivery news was amazing a couple of days ago, this was just the cherry on the top. I knew my optimism for waiting for deliveries would pay out :D.

Good luck y'all!

I booked my MY PUP (White/Black) on Jan. 31 at $83000, which is $990 less than the current updated price.

BTW, I just received my 2nd VIN#29xxx after almost 2 weeks. I hope Tesla is able to paint proper White MY now.
I would double check that and save a few hundred $$$. The 83,000 was before the delivery etc. I thin the total was 84,390 if i’m not mistaking. The current new total is 83,990 inclusing those items. Dont change it if you got the FSD before the price increase.

But do you think the incentives helped tesla make more sales that times? After Ontario changed it to $5000 rebate for MSRP under $50000, Tesla lowered the M3 price, and offered $49990 for the base M3, why? Is it just coincidence? Or Tesla's Marketing Strategy?
I’m gonna second that. Historically their price adjusted minutes after a decrease in incentives. It gave them tunway to charge more while the cars were taking off, but the absolute cost to the end user should be the only thing considered. This wacky price drop for someone that ordered after their price increase a few months ago, reflecting the strong USD, will net a loss of 6k for some. Didnt impact me by more then $400, but on a mewly released car, one they refused to price drop along the 3,s,x recently is not cool.