Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 in Toronto now able to submit drivers licence, trade-in and loan/payment details!

Do you guys know if Telsa can cover the sales tax with the car loan as well? On the payment section it only allows you to request a loan amount for the base cost of the vehicle before tax.

Cheers!

+1 in Toronto now able to submit drivers licence, trade-in and loan/payment details!

Do you guys know if Telsa can cover the sales tax with the car loan as well? On the payment section it only allows you to request a loan amount for the base cost of the vehicle before tax.

Cheers!
The financial breakdown for mine shows ALL costs including tax and registration.

More information:
Includes taxes, fees and payments
Pricing Details
Car Price $83,480.00
Full Self-Driving Capability $7,900.00
Autopilot Included
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Deep Blue Metallic $1,300.00
Premium Interior Included
Model Y $55,700.00
20’’ Performance Wheels $2,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $15,300.00
Five Seat Interior Included
Delivery & Final Inspection Fee $1,280.00
Taxes & Fees $11,283.09
Sales Tax $10,866.70
Federal Air Conditioner Tax $100.00
OMVIC $10.00
License Fee $200.00
PPSA Fee $106.39
Order Deposit -$3,200.00

Interesting how they separate the car from the AWD option.

Last edited:
Loan.jpg

Can't max past the base cost of the car...maybe you can after clicking review pricing details, but I don't want to commit yet in case you can't go backwards =P. Also I might be arranging my own loan through personal means.

So just wanted to ask in advance of pressing anything if your loan can cover the sales tax which brings the car closer to 92000 all in.

Thanks guys for posting all the updates! I had started giving up on refreshing my Tesla account, so I probably wouldn’t have checked for at least a few days if not for this thread!

I will be interested to see what they offer for my trade in vehicle, since it looks like folks in the US have commented that their offers have gone down drastically since before the pandemic. I submitted details tonight and supposedly they will get back to me within 24 hours. Anyone else doing a trade in?

Reactions: Poncherelly
View attachment 548344

Can't max past the base cost of the car...maybe you can after clicking review pricing details, but I don't want to commit yet in case you can't go backwards =P. Also I might be arranging my own loan through personal means.

So just wanted to ask in advance of pressing anything if your loan can cover the sales tax which brings the car closer to 92000 all in.
Ya mine looked the same.

View attachment 548344

Like you, I was wondering about that. I opted to submit a credit application anyway. After getting approval, Tesla Finance amended the financing amount automatically to include taxes and other fees, so it was just a matter of agreeing to the terms. I was able to get 3.1% @ 84 months with Scotiabank, which was fair enough for me.

• Informative
Reactions: bchan911
Thanks guys for posting all the updates! I had started giving up on refreshing my Tesla account, so I probably wouldn’t have checked for at least a few days if not for this thread!

I will be interested to see what they offer for my trade in vehicle, since it looks like folks in the US have commented that their offers have gone down drastically since before the pandemic. I submitted details tonight and supposedly they will get back to me within 24 hours. Anyone else doing a trade in?
I'm also waiting for trade in information. If they go by the BlackBook or AutoTrader, then all should be good. I'm counting on a low ball but still within the assessment from both those tools.

I've also read that some have used carmax quotes to top of the trade in offer, again if they use autotrader as a guide, all should be good.

I'm also waiting for trade in information. If they go by the BlackBook or AutoTrader, then all should be good. I'm counting on a low ball but still within the assessment from both those tools.

I've also read that some have used carmax quotes to top of the trade in offer, again if they use autotrader as a guide, all should be good.

me too I am doing a trade in hope the price is not to bad. I wonder if a trade-in delay

Has anyone tried entering the registration info for a Model Y order (or any order) where you choose that you want the car registered to two people? I tried to do it that way, but it gets stuck uploading the second license image so I can't complete the form.

Thanks for the heads up guys. No refreshing needed; just need to come here. My account was also updated to provide trade in, Lic info and payment method.

I am trading something in I want to drive there and leave (time for a new one). The whole form seemed pretty excessive, for my case, once they had the VIN; but done. Now time to haggle ;-).

Appears things are progressing. I was informed when they made those feeler calls that my questions will be answered prior to committing. Still need my questions answered and weigh those before I commit. At some point we assume that will happen.