Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried entering the registration info for a Model Y order (or any order) where you choose that you want the car registered to two people? I tried to do it that way, but it gets stuck uploading the second license image so I can't complete the form.
Yes I did and it worked. Patience not sure your connection speed but the donuts spins when up loading pics etc. Let it sit spinning till it is done maybe?

Has anyone tried entering the registration info for a Model Y order (or any order) where you choose that you want the car registered to two people? I tried to do it that way, but it gets stuck uploading the second license image so I can't complete the form.
I had the same issue, I tried IE instead of Chrome and it worked. I was getting frustrated too, I was able to upload mine without issue on Chrome but I could get my wife's to work. I took many pictures changed sized and nothing. As soon as I tried IE it worked.... Strange

Anyone know what to upload for proof of insurance? I don't even have a VIN yet! Or just leave it pending for now?

We emailed our SC today, he called us back right away to say we could ignore that as they have ICBC on site. He didn't confirm anything about deliveries starting, only that the delivery centre would reach out to us about pickup when the time comes. He also mentioned the email will outline some COVID protocol-sounds like only 1 person will be allowed in for each delivery (bit hesitant leaving my husband to handle defects since he's not the most persistent, but he's on the registration so oh well!).

So I was approved for the financing! I haven't accepted yet as I have some questions maybe someone here knows?
I thought that the offer would include the fine print, what happens if I put more of a down payment, is that allowed? Can the loan be paid early, if so are there penalties.
I haven't had a car loan in 10 years..
Does anyone know?
Thanks!

I'm also waiting for trade in information. If they go by the BlackBook or AutoTrader, then all should be good. I'm counting on a low ball but still within the assessment from both those tools.

I've also read that some have used carmax quotes to top of the trade in offer, again if they use autotrader as a guide, all should be good.
Reading through other posts I'm starting to get worries that I'm going to be less than low balled on my trade. I really hope they make a fair offer. If not it will certainly delay my purchase while I try and do a private sale :(

Reading through other posts I'm starting to get worries that I'm going to be less than low balled on my trade. I really hope they make a fair offer. If not it will certainly delay my purchase while I try and do a private sale :(

Yeah, I have the same concern and I will probably do the same. I would almost rather give it away to family rather than take a massive loss on the car.

Even before the pandemic, when I was talking to Tesla reps at the dealerships, they told me that Tesla’s trade in offers tend to be very low and it would likely work out better for me to sell privately. I’m sure the offers will only be that much worse now... ah well, I will post an update once I get their valuation!

I call today tesla the person who madd delivery of my model 3 in March and he told me that even if we have all this process going (registration etc trade in) that does not confirm delivery soon can take months with all canada orders pending that is a bit sad. So he gold me he his goi g to call me next week gor a trading quote but the quote will go down day by day if I dont get delivery soon. This all depend on how many model y there are for canada in june

Yeah, I have the same concern and I will probably do the same. I would almost rather give it away to family rather than take a massive loss on the car.

Even before the pandemic, when I was talking to Tesla reps at the dealerships, they told me that Tesla’s trade in offers tend to be very low and it would likely work out better for me to sell privately. I’m sure the offers will only be that much worse now... ah well, I will post an update once I get their valuation!
Thanks, I'll do the same.

I'm hoping to get a call Monday since the website said "within 24 hours" on Friday. I assume they meant "next business day".

I call today tesla the person who madd delivery of my model 3 in March and he told me that even if we have all this process going (registration etc trade in) that does not confirm delivery soon can take months with all canada orders pending that is a bit sad. So he gold me he his goi g to call me next week gor a trading quote but the quote will go down day by day if I dont get delivery soon. This all depend on how many model y there are for canada in june
Really? So if I get a price today and they delay deliveries I could lose more value as I wait? How does someone plan for things financially that way.

Also, the financing doesn't have the trade in amount today. If I were to accept the financing, and a trade is agreed to, will the financing be adjusted?

I got an autotrader instant quote to see what they think my trade in is worth, it was low but at least I have a starting point.

I was wondering if entering the all the info means delivery is coming. What happens with the financing rate? How long is it good for?
Do they run another credit check if this expires?

I really wish they would give us some info..
Frustrating!

On a side note I had a friend come over and install my charger today!

I got an autotrader instant quote to see what they think my trade in is worth, it was low but at least I have a starting point.

I was wondering if entering the all the info means delivery is coming. What happens with the financing rate? How long is it good for?
Do they run another credit check if this expires?

I really wish they would give us some info..
Frustrating!

On a side note I had a friend come over and install my charger today!
I've done the same things. Have a BlackBook estimate also and that matched the autotrader numbers.

I've also had my charger installed for 4 months now LOL.

We're almost there friends, almost there.

Really? So if I get a price today and they delay deliveries I could lose more value as I wait? How does someone plan for things financially that way.

Also, the financing doesn't have the trade in amount today. If I were to accept the financing, and a trade is agreed to, will the financing be adjusted?

Yiu have a model 3? From when me from march 2020 so Hi hope not losng to much