Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here - haven't heard from anyone but everything is done online - at least we get to do pickups in Ottawa now which will speed up the process as they say home deliveries add 2-3 weeks to the process.

I am trading in my model 3 and the trade in process didn't allow me to get any credit for my addons. Is kijiji the only good spot to sell my M3 winter tires (not on rims), Tesla OEM all weather mats, Tesla wireless charger, etc since I'm not going to just give it to Tesla without receiving some financial credit for it.
A friend of mine might be interested in the tires ... let me knwo the details and maybe share a pic and I'll try to put you two in contact.

Well if I sell it private I would sell it for enough to make the payments less. If I continue with the trade and just point the wholesale guy to this buyer, I want see the effects at all. It really comes down to if the guy can get money quick enough to make a change on my side. I won't make any changes until and if the truck sells and I have cash in hand.

I did not get my trade-in and I have put it friday!! if it is too low I am going to be mad. I have a dealer who made me an offer very ok but I can't exchange the car with Tesla that mean I lose my taxes on my exchange apparently tesla does not do that any more that is 2 weeks new

Just got an autotrader notice that someone wants my truck and wants it at my requested amount LOL.

I told him he'd need to close the deal fast since the process to trade is in progress. I also told him that I'm willing to leave a note in the truck with his contact info for the wholesaler to contact him.

He's going to call me tomorrow to talk it through.

how it is working in ONtario for the taxes on a new car? here if we give an exchange we pay the taxe only on the difference for ex if the new car is 85k+tx and the exchange is 50k then we pay the taxes on the 35k. But here I am might loose my taxes on my exchange since Tesla does not accept someone else exchange only their since 2 weeks that is killing me

how it is working in ONtario for the taxes on a new car? here if we give an exchange we pay the taxe only on the difference for ex if the new car is 85k+tx and the exchange is 50k then we pay the taxes on the 35k. But here I am might loose my taxes on my exchange since Tesla does not accept someone else exchange only their since 2 weeks that is killing me
Here’s my model 3 purchase agreement showing the line items and math. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘Tesla does not accept someone else exchange only their since 2 weeks that is killing me.’
06DF92B4-BF09-47CE-825D-2B0988065C8B.jpeg

it's the same here in Ontario as your example.
What I was considering is say TESLA is offering me 35K on a trade .. well the equivalent to that in a private sale would be 39,550 in downpayment form.
Essentially I plugged in a bunch of numbers in to an excel file that would account for car price, add ons, taxes, downpayment and amertization to arrive at a monthly payment. I then have a toggle where I can add numbers for a trade and private sale. In the example I mentioned, if I added 35K in to the trade, I would have to add the 39,550 in the private sale to end up with the same monthly payment.

Here is a rough graph I was working on that showed me equivalent numbers:
Trade vs. Private
$35,000.00 $39,550.00
$35,841.00 $40,500.00
$37,000.00 $41,810.00
$37,990.00 $42,928.50
$38,000.00 $42,940.00

Here’s my model 3 purchase agreement showing the line items and math. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘Tesla does not accept someone else exchange only their since 2 weeks that is killing me.’
View attachment 550012

they told me they will do like you did only if they take my trade-in. If I want to sell my car to someone else then tesla because they don't offer me enough I can't or I will loose the taxes on my used car. Before 2 weeks ago you could pass your sell thru another garage that buy your used car and then this garage goes to tesla to make the accomodation arrangement so TEsla charged you only the difference in tax they just told me that today and in March I ask and they say it is ok. The lady from Tesla told me they changed that 2 weeks ago, go to know at the last minute when they don't even say how much they give you for trade-in 5 days after when it say 24 hours

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I ordered a blue LR AWD, black interior, Gemini wheels on Dec 25, 2019. I just checked my account and it's allowing me to fill in my trade-in info and payment preferences. Does that mean anything when it comes to where in the process I am, or is everyone seeing that at this point? I checked the source code and I couldn't find a VIN number.

Also, any tips when it comes to the trade-in and financing? Is it worth getting a quote from other dealers?

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
they told me they will do like you did only if they take my trade-in. If I want to sell my car to someone else then tesla because they don't offer me enough I can't or I will loose the taxes on my used car. Before 2 weeks ago you could pass your sell thru another garage that buy your used car and then this garage goes to tesla to make the accomodation arrangement so TEsla charged you only the difference in tax they just told me that today and in March I ask and they say it is ok. The lady from Tesla told me they changed that 2 weeks ago, go to know at the last minute when they don't even say how much they give you for trade-in 5 days after when it say 24 hours
Ya thats called a convinience sale. I asked about that a year ago and they told me they don't do that.

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I ordered a blue LR AWD, black interior, Gemini wheels on Dec 25, 2019. I just checked my account and it's allowing me to fill in my trade-in info and payment preferences. Does that mean anything when it comes to where in the process I am, or is everyone seeing that at this point? I checked the source code and I couldn't find a VIN number.

Also, any tips when it comes to the trade-in and financing? Is it worth getting a quote from other dealers?
Congrats! You'll need to complete all the information to move forward in the process. Once your financing is approved, you'll be promted for insurance information. Once that's submitted, you'll be able ot see you VIN in the source code of the webage.

We're stil not sure how many of these cars are in town and we're all waiting to see when the delivery data might be ... impatiantly at that :)

Congrats! You'll need to complete all the information to move forward in the process. Once your financing is approved, you'll be promted for insurance information. Once that's submitted, you'll be able ot see you VIN in the source code of the webage.

I don't think that guarantees a VIN-we finalized the insurance info a few days ago (or rather, our SA closed it out for us as insurance in BC is....special....)and we still don't have a VIN.

it's the same here in Ontario as your example.
What I was considering is say TESLA is offering me 35K on a trade .. well the equivalent to that in a private sale would be 39,550 in downpayment form.
Essentially I plugged in a bunch of numbers in to an excel file that would account for car price, add ons, taxes, downpayment and amertization to arrive at a monthly payment. I then have a toggle where I can add numbers for a trade and private sale. In the example I mentioned, if I added 35K in to the trade, I would have to add the 39,550 in the private sale to end up with the same monthly payment.

Here is a rough graph I was working on that showed me equivalent numbers:
Trade vs. Private
$35,000.00 $39,550.00
$35,841.00 $40,500.00
$37,000.00 $41,810.00
$37,990.00 $42,928.50
$38,000.00 $42,940.00

Here is a link to my doc for anyone that wants to play with it and copy to modify

TESLA Payment Calculater

I got my trade in offer just a few minutes ago and it was only slightly lower than kbb, which was a pleasant surprise, so I accepted. Happy to be one step closer, although it would be great to get a ballpark date to expect delivery!

Oh yes, and there was a note attached to the trade in valuation stating it was good for 30 days, no mention of maximum additional mileage - so hopefully they honour that just in case delivery isn’t until early July.