Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no update on my trade in from Friday in Vancouver. Getting a little disheartened...
I've had zero proactive contact from them.
Sigh, not holding my breath that tomorrow will be any different.
Have you called them yet? When I called they ere surprised that it didn't happen over the weekend. He was also able to email someone to "get it done". Can't hurt to ask.

Still waiting for the trade in value... Crickets here in Vancouver.
I have been fairly disappointed with all my interactions with the Vancouver store so far, so I don't think calling will help my case.
There are so many Tesla's in this city, I am assuming they are swamped.

Any video recommendations on tips and tricks while I wait and wait?
Like I said earlier, unless you have a blue car don’t expect any further movement in the near future. They only got about ten blue cars in Vancouver no other colours... just breathe...

Still no update on my trade in from Friday in Vancouver. Getting a little disheartened...
I've had zero proactive contact from them.
Sigh, not holding my breath that tomorrow will be any different.
got a call from tesla today. i asked the rep and he said there are thousands of trade in applications to review, expect to get an update on trade in on thursday/friday.

I did order Blue, so that's something!
I did call on Monday, they said it's going to take time. No timeline however for delivery.
Day 2 order that's why it's frustrating.. I know in the world of Tesla when you order didn't matter.
I just would have thought that there would be some communication with me about things.
Just venting more than anything. First world problems.

Just got an autotrader notice that someone wants my truck and wants it at my requested amount LOL.

I told him he'd need to close the deal fast since the process to trade is in progress. I also told him that I'm willing to leave a note in the truck with his contact info for the wholesaler to contact him.

He's going to call me tomorrow to talk it through.

Just got an autotrader notice that someone wants my truck and wants it at my requested amount LOL.

I told him he'd need to close the deal fast since the process to trade is in progress. I also told him that I'm willing to leave a note in the truck with his contact info for the wholesaler to contact him.

No way! Interesting, wonder how that will turn out. Will it affect the financing?

No way! Interesting, wonder how that will turn out. Will it affect the financing?
Well if I sell it private I would sell it for enough to make the payments less. If I continue with the trade and just point the wholesale guy to this buyer, I want see the effects at all. It really comes down to if the guy can get money quick enough to make a change on my side. I won't make any changes until and if the truck sells and I have cash in hand.

I’m pretty sure that a trade in is taken before tax on your new vehicle. So keep in mind there are a few thousand dollars difference where it makes sense to have a slightly lower trade in price than private. Double check with your advisor and check the math to find that sweet spot for your purchase price.

Edit: I looked through my 2018 purchase agreement and can confirm this is how they do it.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure that a trade in is taken before tax on your new vehicle. So keep in mind there are a few thousand dollars difference where it makes sense to have a slightly lower trade in price than private. Double check with your advisor and check the math to find that sweet spot for your purchase price.

That is critical when figuring out the cost - my trade in value given from Tesla was $43K but that results in a $5500 tax savings so the trade in value is actually the equivalent of $48.5K. I could probably resell private for $50-$51K so all the major hassle, etc of selling private is not work $1-2K.

In Ottawa as well. Patiently waiting have Vin...

Same here - haven't heard from anyone but everything is done online - at least we get to do pickups in Ottawa now which will speed up the process as they say home deliveries add 2-3 weeks to the process.

I am trading in my model 3 and the trade in process didn't allow me to get any credit for my addons. Is kijiji the only good spot to sell my M3 winter tires (not on rims), Tesla OEM all weather mats, Tesla wireless charger, etc since I'm not going to just give it to Tesla without receiving some financial credit for it.

Edit: I looked through my 2018 purchase agreement and can confirm this is how they do it.
Oh yes for sure. Believe me I've accounted for that in all my excel sheets ;)

I have a trade vs private column comparing what the equivalent is.

Same here - haven't heard from anyone but everything is done online - at least we get to do pickups in Ottawa now which will speed up the process as they say home deliveries add 2-3 weeks to the process.

I am trading in my model 3 and the trade in process didn't allow me to get any credit for my addons. Is kijiji the only good spot to sell my M3 winter tires (not on rims), Tesla OEM all weather mats, Tesla wireless charger, etc since I'm not going to just give it to Tesla without receiving some financial credit for it.
Kijiji is where I've always sold my extras and will be where I post my extras from my truck.

Maybe also the Ottawa TESLA Facebook page?