Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you check the video on youtube for that testing it is really intesressting?
I did see an instal video yes, I'm also quite comfortable doing those types of install. For my q5 I did the install and created a how to for the community which included computer code changes via a VAG-TOOL. Was a fun project to do and document. :).

Oh you probably meant a user using the trailer software video ... no I haven't. I'll check that out though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I'm new here and I got an email last night from someone in Fremont CA about my Honda Pilot I put in for Trade-in, he said

"Hi

Welcome to Tesla Family!

My name is Jin, contacting you from Tesla Funding Team. I hope this email finds you and your family well.

I am reaching out to you in regards to collecting payout information for your trade-in vehicle.

Would you please contact your lender, Honda Financial Services Canada, and request a 10 days payout statement ?

[Please Note] If you have access to this loan information through website or mobile app, please provide us with a screenshot or an image of payout statement for verification purpose.

We need the information in order to proceed the final trading process. And once we have the document, we will finalize your delivery as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have further concern.

All my best,"
this is the first time I'm doing trade-in and have no idea, any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Any VIN confirmed for Montreal? I was promoted to upload drivers license and arrange financing about a week ago...hoping this means VIN & delivery coming soon! I’ve heard of BC & ON delivery dates, but nothing for QC.
Give heard of Ontario delivery dates? There is one MTL delivery date but the information is that the cars are expected to get to MTL on the 19th then will require a few days for prepping. If you've gotten past the financial step, and it says waiting for contract to be drafted, check the source code and search for 5yjy and if there is a VIN assigned, it will find it.

Hi everyone I'm new here and I got an email last night from someone in Fremont CA about my Honda Pilot I put in for Trade-in, he said

"Hi

Welcome to Tesla Family!

My name is Jin, contacting you from Tesla Funding Team. I hope this email finds you and your family well.

I am reaching out to you in regards to collecting payout information for your trade-in vehicle.

Would you please contact your lender, Honda Financial Services Canada, and request a 10 days payout statement ?

[Please Note] If you have access to this loan information through website or mobile app, please provide us with a screenshot or an image of payout statement for verification purpose.

We need the information in order to proceed the final trading process. And once we have the document, we will finalize your delivery as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have further concern.

All my best,"
this is the first time I'm doing trade-in and have no idea, any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
This might be because the lender didn't allow TESLA to ask for payout information and now needs you to get it for them.

Give heard of Ontario delivery dates? There is one MTL delivery date but the information is that the cars are expected to get to MTL on the 19th then will require a few days for prepping. If you've gotten past the financial step, and it says waiting for contract to be drafted, check the source code and search for 5yjy and if there is a VIN assigned, it will find it.
Yes, finacing says waiting for contract to be drafted. Everyone keeps mentioning “source code”. Where can I fInd that?? Thx

Any VIN confirmed for Montreal? I was promoted to upload drivers license and arrange financing about a week ago...hoping this means VIN & delivery coming soon! I’ve heard of BC & ON delivery dates, but nothing for QC.

Yes me had my vin June 8 by email. source code a few day after, yesterday vin on the website and contrat is there in pdf, my car is suppose to arrived the 19 (Friday) and delivery is supposed to be Monday at 11h00. But that is if goes all as predicted. They told me if the car arrive a day or two before then they are going to reschedule an earlier date. They don't make any delivery on Sunday and they need 1 day to prep the car. They have not received any model y yet in Montreal. There a full truck load coming it was in Chicago Illinois very recently

"Hi

Welcome to Tesla Family!

All my best,"

I received that exact same email from the same person. Contacted my lender, paused my automatic payments, sent Jin a screenshot of the amount. I haven’t heard back yet (it’s only been an hour though, and it’s still early in California).

Hi guys, for those doing trade-ins (in Vancouver area in case that mattered), any ideas how quickly it takes for them to get back to me? I didn't submit my trade-in info online until last Friday, so wondering when I would hear back.
I submitted mine a week ago Friday, they got back to me last Wednesday. the offer was really low but I took it so I could move it along. On Thursday I decided to try to sell it privately, I posted it on Autotrader and sold it same day for 50% more. So i called Tesla and had them reject the trade in. As of this morning I am still waiting for my VIN, I did get the text saying they expect MY to be built within 7 days.
Its a tough wait, seeing everyone getting their VINs.