Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow what a car seriously I am going to post pic later. Everyting ok except the rubber on the feont bumper Tesla took lot of picture witj thw whole store staff really cool. That car is so cool. The store director came to deliver the car she said that there wont be a lot of car by end of june so all the luky ones with vin will have. i have look everywhere outside and did not see any other model y. Did not see any y delivery only 3 and s
Fantastic, enjoy the ride!

Wow what a car seriously I am going to post pic later. Everyting ok except the rubber on the feont bumper Tesla took lot of picture witj thw whole store staff really cool. That car is so cool. The store director came to deliver the car she said that there wont be a lot of car by end of june so all the luky ones with vin will have. i have look everywhere outside and did not see any other model y. Did not see any y delivery only 3 and s
Awesome, enjoy your new ride buddy! Nice that there aren't any deficiencies to speak of. Gives confidence to the rest of us :)

You’re so lucky! Can’t wait to see pics.

Once someone in Ottawa gets their Model Y, would I be able to drop by or meet somewhere for a quick look? I ordered mine in April so it may be a while until it arrives, but I'd like to see one before then, to check out a few things in person: cargo space, seat comfort, sightlines, access, etc. No need to drive it -- we have a Model S and I'm sure the MY will be great. Tesla probably won't have cars to show for a while, and the trouble with waiting until delivery day is it would be VERY hard to decide then that we didn't want it, even if there's something serious we don't like. We're 99% committed but just want to be sure. PM me if you would be willing to show off your new car! Many thanks.

A question for people taking delivery soon: It sounds like Tesla encourages customers to make the final payment before they get their car. How do people feel about that? I would be uncomfortable paying until I had given the car a thorough inspection. I know Tesla would quickly fix any minor issues, so it's unlikely I would refuse delivery, but if I had to because of something major, it would be a big problem if I had already paid.

And if I want to be in a position to refuse delivery (however unlikely that is), what form of payment should I take with me? I'm paying with cash - no financing, no trade-in. Will they take a personal cheque or a certified personal cheque? A bank draft wouldn't work because it's made out in the recipient's name and the money is taken from my account when it's issued, so I can't just take it back to my bank and cancel it.

A question for people taking delivery soon: It sounds like Tesla encourages customers to make the final payment before they get their car. How do people feel about that? I would be uncomfortable paying until I had given the car a thorough inspection. I know Tesla would quickly fix any minor issues, so it's unlikely I would refuse delivery, but if I had to because of something major, it would be a big problem if I had already paid.

And if I want to be in a position to refuse delivery (however unlikely that is), what form of payment should I take with me? I'm paying with cash - no financing, no trade-in. Will they take a personal cheque or a certified personal cheque? A bank draft wouldn't work because it's made out in the recipient's name and the money is taken from my account when it's issued, so I can't just take it back to my bank and cancel it.
"
Your final Model Y payment is due at delivery in the form of a certified cheque or bank draft. You may also submit advance payment via wire transfer:"
A certified cheque will work. I won't be paying in advance, I feel the same way as you do and I'm also just paying cash.

I paid by transfeet before delivery just to save time by not going at the bank eait etc etc I call my semd an email and they made the ransfeet in a click buth downside If there is sething with your car and refuse it then there is a cash problem