Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,
I'm hoping- perhaps in vain- to time my delivery for my release from quarantine (traveling from Hong Kong to Ottawa region in early July). I ordered my Model Y (lr awd black interior non-FSD) on the ides of March 2020 (the 15th), and I hope to take delivery at my residence in Gatineau. I'd be grateful for any advice anyone may have; I was expecting to have to wait until the fall, so all good. No VIN number yet, so not able to process insurance at the mo. Any advice on competitive auto insurance in Quebec is most welcome too. Thanks!

Curious - anyone get a delivery date with a white interior yet? It is it known those are coming later? All the Ys I saw at Lawrence yesterday were black interior.

Haven’t ordered one myself yet but after seeing the blue performance, I might. :)
I have only seem 7-8 vehicles, all black interior. But if you look at sticky thread in this channel, white interiors are being made and delivered. They will be shipped here like they are accross the states. It doesnt look like Canada is getting one colour, i have seen msm and blue on wednesday, and red and black yesterday. Black is the one that started getting made recently. Judging by that once they started Canadian deliveries, they are shipping to us like anywhere in states, as per their queue. I don’t suspect its long before I see the white interior, just way less of them in general.

FYI
Why everyone should stop checking their account.
So I told someone that I went ahead and filled in all the info a couple of weeks ago. They were unsure they want to take delivery for another few months at the time, and they never filled in their info early June when that came available... they got a text today saying ‘vehicle arriving click link to schedule your delivery’. So none of the insurance, payment, licensing being in mattered. They have a VIN and can schedule pick up before end of months. White/black pup ordered march 2020. I made a reservation and $3200 deposit a year earlier to get a text message 12hrs earlier. This to me means there were a lot of corona cancellations/holds,