Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really hoping my car arrives soon. I only ordered early feb this year but I ended up selling my current car private because they paid 7000 more than the trade in value Tesla offered. So until my car shows up I am going to be without a car, it is easier to manger considering I have been working from home since mid March.

FYI
Why everyone should stop checking their account.
So I told someone that I went ahead and filled in all the info a couple of weeks ago. They were unsure they want to take delivery for another few months at the time, and they never filled in their info early June when that came available... they got a text today saying ‘vehicle arriving click link to schedule your delivery’. So none of the insurance, payment, licensing being in mattered. They have a VIN and can schedule pick up before end of months. White/black pup ordered march 2020. I made a reservation and $3200 deposit a year earlier to get a text message 12hrs earlier. This to me means there were a lot of corona cancellations/holds,
Well isn't that annoying.. they can just send it over here!

Mine's (Long range blue, VIN 120xx according to source code) scheduled for July 6th, ordered early February. I'll have to take a 250km one-way trip to take delivery, I hope it will turn out ok.

The order of delivery literally makes no sense to me. I ordered a blue long range in December. I’m not hating on you personally, but how come you get yours sooner than me?

The order of delivery literally makes no sense to me. I ordered a blue long range in December. I’m not hating on you personally, but how come you get yours sooner than me?
I ordered day on 2, March 19, 2019.. I filled out all the info, have financing in place and still don't have a VIN. Blue also, it's a Lottery or something. I have no idea.
Meanwhile, people that ordered a month ago are driving them... No answers

Reactions: nilo
Ya, I asked about that but was told for protection the PPF was better and the ceramic was just to make the paint look good.

Correct - if you do alot of highway driving PPF will help better to protect. Many do ceramic coat over PPF. I considered PPF for my model 3 but with my driving I decided it was not worth the $5-6K. The ceramic coat makes car washes, etc look really good and it adds a little protection for your clear coat. As I plan to only keep the car for 3-4 years the cost for PPF is not worth it for me.

Just don't go too cheap on PPF since those that are cheaper will probably yellow in a couple years.

Correct - if you do alot of highway driving PPF will help better to protect. Many do ceramic coat over PPF. I considered PPF for my model 3 but with my driving I decided it was not worth the $5-6K. The ceramic coat makes car washes, etc look really good and it adds a little protection for your clear coat. As I plan to only keep the car for 3-4 years the cost for PPF is not worth it for me.

Just don't go too cheap on PPF since those that are cheaper will probably yellow in a couple years.
Ah ok thanks for the info.

It may pay off even if you keep it 3-4 years, resale with paint in great shape would vount for something. I think we have razor thin paint on these cars, so not sure how they will hold up over time. Paint isn’t really the reason why anyone gets one in any case.