Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the same message today. Are they going to offer courtesy car?
I was told told an Enterprise car rental would be provided.

To update my original post above on Sept.30, Excellence Auto emailed me the next day on Oct.1 to indicate Tesla had approved all "repairs" to the vehicle and the necessary parts would be ordered. As of today, Oct.17 I have not heard back from Excellence Auto.

Also, during my initial visit to Excellence Auto where I was required to point out again all the delivery issues I had already pointed out to the Tesla SA, they indicated to me they could not handle the repair to my driver's seat which was delivered with a large wrinkle in the faux-leather along the base. They said I had to take the vehicle to a Tesla Service Centre for which I now have an appontment booked this coming week on Oct.22 at the Railside Road location. And in addition to the seat issue, I've added an additional item for service which is a loud clicking sound during acceleration/deceleration which has been reported by other owners and possibly related to an axle assembly issue. It's unclear if this work can be performed while I wait or if Uber credit or a loaner will be provided.

So to recap: I now have two upcoming visits at two different service centres for two different sets of delivery items requiring repair - of which only one visit is currently scheduled and the other is in limbo.

• Informative
Reactions: Bamiri
My Y is in service too at Oakville for some minor issues noted on delivery day. Side mirror trim and rear window gap adjustment. All done in a day except for a small paint issue near the headlight that looks like a pimple. They said it needs to be sent to the body shop and looks like it’s going to take 5 days to fix. I never thought it would take that long to fix a small issue like that. No big deal, I was given a model S as courtesy car.

Attachments

• 333C7E32-2E54-46BD-B4CA-2D4B38E83B1C.jpeg
    333C7E32-2E54-46BD-B4CA-2D4B38E83B1C.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 92
Did you check the documents section (lower right corner) of your Tesla account webpage? You may see a document or two there that has your VIN.

Yes I have almost every day, still only shows order number. My Tesla account is also still showing the delivery estimate of 3-5 weeks when we are almost at the 9 week point, it was a couple weeks after I got the deliver notice text that my Tesla account updated. At this point I would not be surprised if I have the car before the website is updated.

Yes I have almost every day, still only shows order number. My Tesla account is also still showing the delivery estimate of 3-5 weeks when we are almost at the 9 week point, it was a couple weeks after I got the deliver notice text that my Tesla account updated. At this point I would not be surprised if I have the car before the website is updated.

Same, originally ordered white performance During October 2019. Was notified via text that is schedule for delivery, I contacted my Tesla advisor to give my allocation to someone else. As I had change my mind and wanted the Long Range instead (range anxiety ). So I cancelled my order and reordered LR in deep blue on August 2020 hoping I will get it by the end of October. Contacted my Advisor, still no Vin # or any updates. I'm in Toronto area.

I placed my order for MY on 9/26, for LR AWD black in/out; no further update until 10/19 a txt from Tesla to schedule the pickup. Even after the appointment is confirmed, still no VIN. So I had to call my SA who then 'found out' the VIN eventually. Now it is shown in the MVPA under the Document section on the web. Sort of backward, but hey I am getting the car finally :)

Will update everyone here with my pickup experience, cannot wait...

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Here's my Model Y story. Ordered on September 4th with these specs: Long Range All-Wheel Drive, All Black Premium Interior, Deep Blue Metallic, 19’’ Gemini Wheels, Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability. I live a little north of Edmonton, and on the website it said I wasn't eligible for home delivery so it said we would need to pick up in Calgary. Our service advisor called that day and said they could actually do home delivery, and we could expect it by the end of September. On October 5 I got a text saying my Model Y was on it's way to the delivery centre and to book an appointment, so I booked for October 10. I talked to my service advisor and I said I would be fine driving to Calgary to get it, as I read on these forums that you could have them look at and fix some issues right away while at the service centre. I think I got my VIN around October 5th as well. They did say the date was tentative, as there could be delays in it arriving in Calgary. I got a call October 8th saying it did not arrive yet, and we rescheduled for October 17th. On October 16th they called and said that it arrived in Calgary but there was some paint bubbles on the trunk that were outside their standards that they wanted to fix. They said they would reach out to some places and let me know when it would be done by. They said the work was to be completed October 24th and offered to do a home delivery, and I scheduled that for today, October 26. It arrived in front of my house today at 3:45pm. I haven't gone through the full checklist yet but it looks amazing. No obvious defects or alignment issues, and everything inside and out seems to be working. Drove it around for the next few hours and it is so much fun, autopilot was working great even in the dark and rain (only issue was it missed the 100km sign and still thought the speed limit was 70km in a few places). Everyone I dealt with provided great customer service and despite the delays I am very satisfied with the whole process. FYI I ordered Weathertech floor mats on Sept 11th and they still haven't arrived, I put paper mats down because I can't bear to get it dirty.
IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG

Here's my Model Y story. Ordered on September 4th with these specs: Long Range All-Wheel Drive, All Black Premium Interior, Deep Blue Metallic, 19’’ Gemini Wheels, Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability. I live a little north of Edmonton, and on the website it said I wasn't eligible for home delivery so it said we would need to pick up in Calgary. Our service advisor called that day and said they could actually do home delivery, and we could expect it by the end of September. On October 5 I got a text saying my Model Y was on it's way to the delivery centre and to book an appointment, so I booked for October 10. I talked to my service advisor and I said I would be fine driving to Calgary to get it, as I read on these forums that you could have them look at and fix some issues right away while at the service centre. I think I got my VIN around October 5th as well. They did say the date was tentative, as there could be delays in it arriving in Calgary. I got a call October 8th saying it did not arrive yet, and we rescheduled for October 17th. On October 16th they called and said that it arrived in Calgary but there was some paint bubbles on the trunk that were outside their standards that they wanted to fix. They said they would reach out to some places and let me know when it would be done by. They said the work was to be completed October 24th and offered to do a home delivery, and I scheduled that for today, October 26. It arrived in front of my house today at 3:45pm. I haven't gone through the full checklist yet but it looks amazing. No obvious defects or alignment issues, and everything inside and out seems to be working. Drove it around for the next few hours and it is so much fun, autopilot was working great even in the dark and rain (only issue was it missed the 100km sign and still thought the speed limit was 70km in a few places). Everyone I dealt with provided great customer service and despite the delays I am very satisfied with the whole process. FYI I ordered Weathertech floor mats on Sept 11th and they still haven't arrived, I put paper mats down because I can't bear to get it dirty. View attachment 602767 View attachment 602766

Looks great! Congrats on the ride!! I'm in Edmonton and I ordered on the 26th of September and received an email giving me a VIN on the 23rd of Oct but order page hasn't been updated yet. They did say ours is leaving the factory and making its way to the Calgary location. We've scheduled home delivery as well....hope it all goes smoothly!

I was told told an Enterprise car rental would be provided.

To update my original post above on Sept.30, Excellence Auto emailed me the next day on Oct.1 to indicate Tesla had approved all "repairs" to the vehicle and the necessary parts would be ordered. As of today, Oct.17 I have not heard back from Excellence Auto.

Also, during my initial visit to Excellence Auto where I was required to point out again all the delivery issues I had already pointed out to the Tesla SA, they indicated to me they could not handle the repair to my driver's seat which was delivered with a large wrinkle in the faux-leather along the base. They said I had to take the vehicle to a Tesla Service Centre for which I now have an appontment booked this coming week on Oct.22 at the Railside Road location. And in addition to the seat issue, I've added an additional item for service which is a loud clicking sound during acceleration/deceleration which has been reported by other owners and possibly related to an axle assembly issue. It's unclear if this work can be performed while I wait or if Uber credit or a loaner will be provided.

So to recap: I now have two upcoming visits at two different service centres for two different sets of delivery items requiring repair - of which only one visit is currently scheduled and the other is in limbo.

I got my MY August 29th and went through the same process as you. Excellence Auto is an amazing place that took care of all my external detail problems and probably preferred that they did it over the SC because they want the business and are there to take care of you and explain what they can and cannot fix and don't rush you through anything. They will order necessary parts as need be. For me they were able to fix a chipped trim piece (ordered a new one), realign panels and fix paint chips and buff out scratches to my taillight. Their customer service and quick turnaround and attention to detail was much better than my dealing with the service center. So I think Toronto is doing things right by farming it out. It took just over a month from initial assessment > ordering parts > dropping it off > picking it back up. A luxury rental car was provided at no cost other than paying for the gas.

As for my "internal" problems, while the SC is excellent at responding to my emails (all within like 12 hours), the service and ordering of parts is SLLOOOWWW!!! I had a scratch on my driver seat backing and while they ordered a new part, they ordered the backing to the rear seats instead. I noticed this error after the part was delivered because I compared the part# to the online catalogue and pointed out the error to them. So now I probably will need to wait another month for that part to come in. This all while I still can't get out of the rear door. Yes folks, the rear door button is broken in my car from day 1 and it is now Oct 27th and I still can't get out of my car. LOL. I will say they don't really question your complaints they just ordered everything without seeing it first hand. So I can't complain. They do seem to genuinely want to fix your problems. It has now been over two months since picking up my car and none of the internal stuff has been fixed cause I'm waiting for parts deliveries. I guess the downside of owning a Tesla in Canada. Everything needs to be shipped from the US. Things that are pending internally are:
  • Coat hook not retracting - on backorder
  • windshield scratch - pending delivery
  • rear tailight condensation - pending delivery
  • rear door button not working
  • rear driver seat panel scratched - delivered wrong part - pending delivery
  • rear seat alignment
Its been a month an a half since I e-mailed them to fix these problems. Still waiting for parts...

My recommendation for you Toronto folks is to get your assessment done at Excellence Auto done ASAP and then e-mail the service centre about your interior problems that Excellence Auto refused to fix to get yourself into the queue of ordering the necessary parts.

With winter coming really wanted to PPF and Ceramic coat my car...but kinda feel like I should fix all the problems on my car first before doing that...especially with a windshield and taillight replacement pending...

Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Took the car for the service appointment in NY on Friday. All went ok. They offered uber credit which I declined and asked for a car. They provided a model s. They fixed the door allignment issues and the axle noice.
BTW, i got TPMS from Vaughan location...

I am going to take my new MY to Tesla Service Toronto-Mississauga as the first time for service after the initial delivery a few weeks ago. I hope they'd address all the items that I have identified from the initial pick-up. Does anyone had any experiences at that service centre? Anything particular that I should be aware of?

• Love
Reactions: DGates
May I ask those who have recently picked up your Y, what is your VIN?

Ordered on the 27th of October and got a VIN assigned today, it is in the 61xxx range and I find it very strange seeing people are reporting they are getting 70xxx+ VIN

Mine that was ordered back in August is in the 61XXX range, still not delivered due to paint damage that occurred in transit from Fremont to Calgary.

Ordered on the 27th of October and got a VIN assigned today, it is in the 61xxx range and I find it very strange seeing people are reporting they are getting 70xxx+ VIN

Ordered Sept 30, received Nov 9, 64xxx VIN. You can also do reports on the spreadsheet for people in Canada to see what VIN's they are getting.

Did your VIN appear in your online account or did you get it from your advisor? I'm waiting for mine and trying to understand where I will get it first. I'm also worried about getting a VIN not in the 70XXX series.

Did your VIN appear in your online account or did you get it from your advisor? I'm waiting for mine and trying to understand where I will get it first. I'm also worried about getting a VIN not in the 70XXX series.

I have received a text message for scheduling my pick up, then the VIN showed up in my account. I am going to talk to my SA tomorrow and ask for more info on this. I would like a 70xxx+ model as well, but I am still going to check out the vehicle.

I have received a text message for scheduling my pick up, then the VIN showed up in my account. I am going to talk to my SA tomorrow and ask for more info on this. I would like a 70xxx+ model as well, but I am still going to check out the vehicle.

I placed the order on 9/26 and received the car early Nov, VIN 61xxx. If you can, I'd highly recommend you get a 70xxxx or at least 65xxx above as there have been quite some substantial changes in the 'recent' batch: double pane windows, auto dimming mirrors, to name a few, ...