Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
an update after speaking to a Tesla Service rep,
my vehicle was manufactured in October and it took nearly a month for it to be transported up here to Toronto

the rep confirmed that it does have double pane windows so that is a relief

for those of us who are in Canada, once we rejected a delivery, it could take months before we could get our next car

Just curious, did anyone purchase additional "New vehicle replacement" insurance. I was wondering how much extra that will cost. I am in BC and I can either purchase through ICBC or a third party.
This is probably too late for you.... but I just picked it up

ICBC charges an arm and a leg and I hear they only do it for 3 years: costs - $850/yr
3rd Party Insurance (I've seen a few for a 5 yr period it seems to be about 2500-2600 for the term) - ~$500/yr
3rd Party insurance does offer monthly. But the rate builds in their "interest" rate. It's steep. I think for me its like $65 a month. This equates to about $780 a yr.

So if you get it... just pay it off right away... even if you have to line of credit it.... it would be cheaper.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
This is probably too late for you.... but I just picked it up

ICBC charges an arm and a leg and I hear they only do it for 3 years: costs - $850/yr
3rd Party Insurance (I've seen a few for a 5 yr period it seems to be about 2500-2600 for the term) - ~$500/yr
3rd Party insurance does offer monthly. But the rate builds in their "interest" rate. It's steep. I think for me its like $65 a month. This equates to about $780 a yr.

So if you get it... just pay it off right away... even if you have to line of credit it.... it would be cheaper.

@d=1/2a(TesY)^2 that's very helpful! Do you mind sharing which 3rd party provider you used?

We hit the jackpot with our brand new MY, yeah, my wife hit a deer last week. dealing with insurance wasnt easy, they insisted to take the car to TD repair shop but I asked for Excellence auto. we ended up taking it to the TD repair shop, they said they are not able to do it, so we went to Excellence auto after all! it will take around a month to get the car fixed. Finding a rental car with winter tire is a nightmare, we decided to rent in-house and all season tires! I am hoping to get lifetime warranty from excellence auto!

Just ordered a set of wheels for the next summer! Braelin BR06. Black Friday deal!

Attachments

• BR06-Satin-Black-B.jpg
    BR06-Satin-Black-B.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 70