Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Heat stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropped mine off at the new Milwaukee service center. Interesting thing.....all the keys/work orders on the counter.....90% of them said "heat not working". I asked about doct89's situation....they said they just changed the part(s) back then BUT the new ones were still the same defective, or soon to be, ones. The ones being installed now are "new" design with the problem supposedly fixed....we hope. Crossing fingers I don't have this problem again.
Thanks for the detail!

Look for the climate keeper error on the climate control screen. All heat failures display this error when not working. I Attached the photo to my service request.

D1604811-F7B2-4834-ACB0-43854BA7194A.jpeg

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
...The ones being installed now are "new" design with the problem supposedly fixed....we hope. Crossing fingers I don't have this problem again.

Thanks - this is a very important piece of information and hopefully your SC contact knew his stuff. The question now is whether and when these new parts have completely replaced the old ones in all repair jobs and in new production. Even in the past week we've seen reports of newly-delivered cars with heat-pump failures.

Thanks - this is a very important piece of information and hopefully your SC contact knew his stuff. The question now is whether and when these new parts have completely replaced the old ones in all repair jobs and in new production. Even in the past week we've seen reports of newly-delivered cars with heat-pump failures.

I’m one of the newly delivered vehicles with the failure. Took delivery on 2/10 (build date 1/25) failure occurred on 2/12. Service advisor on 2/15 told me that they have a new version of the parts to be replaced.

The big question, if this is in fact true, why did my new build not have the revised parts already installed. So either Tesla is trying to use leftover inventory of the old parts and are crossing their fingers or they don’t have a new version. Either answer is disappointing.

Are "older" MY's afflicted with this anomaly? Mine (VIN 26028) was built July 12th and has operated perfectly even in temps down to ZERO degree's F. But now that this was planted in my brain I keep wondering if/when it's going to strike.

Surely someone is keeping track of build dates and VIN's afflicted with this?

Are "older" MY's afflicted with this anomaly? Mine (VIN 26028) was built July 12th and has operated perfectly even in temps down to ZERO degree's F. But now that this was planted in my brain I keep wondering if/when it's going to strike.

Surely someone is keeping track of build dates and VIN's afflicted with this?

Mine was built in July. The heat stopped working just before Thanksgiving, but then I got a software update the Monday after Thanksgiving and it has been working ever since (knock on wood). We've had some below or near 0 days and took a 220 miles drive in under 20F weather last weekend and it worked great the entire time.

That being said, I don't trust it and always bring a heavy jacket and gloves if Im going out of town but it hasn't failed me yet.

my 2020 Y's heat has failed twice. the first time it happened i made then cancelled a service center visit because the service center was too far away to warrant a drive with frozen feet, plus the heat started working. heat kept working until a couple three weeks ago. did not think about a SC visit then because trips i take are usually 20 miles round trip. boots and heavy socks and thick mittens. and anyway - the heat has been working since that incident. will deal with the intermittent problem until spring weather sets in and enjoy a long drive in clement weather.

Service center finished up my car today. They replaced the AC Compressor, Supermanifold and Sensors. Service advisor said that even though my Model Y was a new build (1/25) it had an old serial number on the compressor. He was kind of dumbfounded why my new build had an old version of the part. He said that normally it is just the sensors that need to be replaced because it should already had the revised compressor.

I hope this is totally wrong. Defrost in cars is totally dependent on heat. No defrost=dangerous driving, not legally road worthy.

Tesla needs to resolve this issue quickly. Way too many folk reporting this failure.

That said, I'm thinking of starting a thread for those that still HAVE heat. It would be interesting to see the ratio, heat/no heat.

Hmm...maybe a poll? Anyone???

You should start a poll, that's a good idea. See how many model Y's have had heat problems, how many without, on TMC.. could be a useful tool

so since my Y has the no heat symptom and was built in may of 20 i imagine it will need supermanifold, compressor and sensors.
i agree a poll would be good. if all the cars are having the (very) dangerous problem they should be notifying owners and getting them to come in and get the problem solved.

Model Y build 16,xxx with ~12,000 miles, failure on 02/18, remote diagnostics couldn't see anything on their end, but suggested taking it in. 02/19 climate control read "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault". Was towed in on 02/19, was told the end of the this week at the earliest.

I've seen comments saying 20+ days, but for recent repairs, can anyone advise on the estimated time?

Model Y build 16,xxx with ~12,000 miles, failure on 02/18, remote diagnostics couldn't see anything on their end, but suggested taking it in. 02/19 climate control read "climate keeper unavailable due to system fault". Was towed in on 02/19, was told the end of the this week at the earliest.

I've seen comments saying 20+ days, but for recent repairs, can anyone advise on the estimated time?

Parts ordered Monday, car dropped off Tuesday afternoon, began working on the car Wednesday, final parts arrived Thursday, finished the repair and ready for pick up Friday afternoon. So parts ordered to pick up a total of 5 days.