Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - LexAutoLease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening all,

I have just registered for the forum after weeks of browsing collating information and opinions on the Model Y.

I was fortunate enough to get a test drive of one last week and I’m hooked!

I am looking to order a RWD Model Y through LexAutolease as they provide a salary sacrifice scheme through my work place.
I called them at the end of last week to get more information and they advised that they have a lead time of around 6 months. For context, it’ll be a white one with no added extras so as vanilla as they come!
Checking other suppliers, it seems like most have stock readily available and can have by month end in some instances.

Does anybody have any recent experience with Lex? Is this likely the case or could this they be safeguarding against any possible delays etc?

Cheers

I wouldn't worry too much. I ordered mine on 8th March and when I got an RN number,
Tesla were estimating middle May to beginning of June and Lex were saying end of June. Picking it up next week. As langy has said I think they're covering themselves and giving a worse case scenario. I would go by what Tesla say on their website when you pick your spec. Only thing I would say is that Lex take a good week or so from you placing your order with them and them actually placing an order with Tesla. I missed out on end of Q1 delivery because of this (order with Tesla finally went through on 17th March and the remaining Q1 inventory for my spec was gone by then). Can't fault Lex though - fairly quick responding to emails and are always helpful. One thing to bear in mind is they only get order updates from Tesla once a week so don't always have the latest info. You will also find your order status on their website doesn't move on from "ordered ETA stock". Mine still says that now 🤣 Drop me a PM if you have any questions during the process. Beware that you will also start learning about every step of the manufacturing process, what all the parts of the VIN number means and obsessively tracking a ship as it inches its way from Shanghai to Southampton.......

Reactions: ringi
thank you both for your responses!
I took the plunge and ordered this afternoon and got the acknowledgment email that confirmed a 7 day period where they vet the order etc.

I may take you up on the offer of guidance Wookie, proper novice here.

Reactions: wookie
Congrats on the order! I picked up a MY RWD end of March and have to see it's been excellent so far, the efficiency/range has been better than I expected
Amazing mate - glad you are enjoying it!
Tell me, what do you love about it and is there anything you would change?
Buzzing to hear that the range is better, I’ve been told to expect roughly 220 from a couple of people but I guess it’ll differ a fair bit driver to driver!

The instant torque still amazes me, even though it's the slowest tesla it's plenty for me. Auto pilot has been pretty much faultless so far having used it for about 500 miles, so much better than the adaptive cruise in my old golf. Something I would change is the material on the indicator/gear selector stalk, it's something you touch a lot and it feels a bit naff in my opinion. When you pick up, the tyres will probably be at 46psi cold which will feel jolty, drop them to 42 cold as per tesla guidance.

In terms of range, our life time economy is 240 wh/mile, so about 225 miles. The best I've seen is last weekend, on a 120 mile run with a preconditioned battery on a warm day, we got 201 wh/mile which amazed me tbh with 4 of us and luggage in the car. I was doing 65 to be fair though!

That’s really reassuring!
Funnily enough, after the test drives I said to my wife that the indicator stalk felt cheap and nasty but I guess there’s not much you can do with that one!

I’m curious to see what will happen as on the Lex site; it looks like it will be delivered to my house? I don’t know if that’s standard or if it’s different with Tesla. I’ve said to my wife that it given the option, we’d collect from Tesla Glasgow and make a day of it. (Yes - she did roll her eyes and say ‘whatever!’)

Tbf, the range isn’t a massive deal as the most it would do in a day would be 120 miles and that’s not going to be a regular trip.
I’m coming from a 330e so I’m semi used to having that electric motor torque but this will be on another level I’m sure!

I wouldn't worry too much. I ordered mine on 8th March and when I got an RN number,
Tesla were estimating middle May to beginning of June and Lex were saying end of June. Picking it up next week. As langy has said I think they're covering themselves and giving a worse case scenario. I would go by what Tesla say on their website when you pick your spec. Only thing I would say is that Lex take a good week or so from you placing your order with them and them actually placing an order with Tesla. I missed out on end of Q1 delivery because of this (order with Tesla finally went through on 17th March and the remaining Q1 inventory for my spec was gone by then). Can't fault Lex though - fairly quick responding to emails and are always helpful. One thing to bear in mind is they only get order updates from Tesla once a week so don't always have the latest info. You will also find your order status on their website doesn't move on from "ordered ETA stock". Mine still says that now 🤣 Drop me a PM if you have any questions during the process. Beware that you will also start learning about every step of the manufacturing process, what all the parts of the VIN number means and obsessively tracking a ship as it inches its way from Shanghai to
Funnily enough, after the test drives I said to my wife that the indicator stalk felt cheap and nasty but I guess there’s not much you can do with that one!

I’m curious to see what will happen as on the Lex site; it looks like it will be delivered to my house? I don’t know if that’s standard or if it’s different with Tesla. I’ve said to my wife that it given the option, we’d collect from Tesla Glasgow and make a day of it. (Yes - she did roll her eyes and say ‘whatever!’)

Tbf, the range isn’t a massive deal as the most it would do in a day would be 120 miles and that’s not going to be a regular trip.
I’m coming from a 330e so I’m semi used to having that electric motor torque but this will be on another level I’m sure!

The default with Lex is delivery to your house but you can tell Tesla that you would like to pick it up instead.

The default with Lex is delivery to your house but you can tell Tesla that you would like to pick it up instead.
Aaah perfect.
I’m sure I can convince my wife that collection would be better.

I guess it’s also better that way should anything be wrong etc.
I’m sure I clocked a ‘collection check list’ online not long ago, I’ll be printing that off and taking it with!

I expect if you look at the new cars Tesla have in inventory and choose a common spec you will get the car relatively quickly. (Ignore the location the car is claimed to be at in UK) However remember Tesla adds all cars they have not sold to inventory soon after the ship leaves China, so many inventory cars are not yet in UK.

What’s the rough time between placing the order and Tesla being in touch? I ordered through Lex on the 9th June. Order confirmed on the 13th June. Vehicle “found”, (proposed stock date 31st July) and purchase order raised on the 15th July. Tried speaking to Lex on the 23rd June to ask about a RN or the next steps in the process but they weren’t very helpful tbh! Sent a email to my local Tesla dealership today, who were actually very prompt and helpful, but they said that no order details are available under my name or address through Lex.

What’s the rough time between placing the order and Tesla being in touch? I ordered through Lex on the 9th June. Order confirmed on the 13th June. Vehicle “found”, (proposed stock date 31st July) and purchase order raised on the 15th July. Tried speaking to Lex on the 23rd June to ask about a RN or the next steps in the process but they weren’t very helpful tbh! Sent a email to my local Tesla dealership today, who were actually very prompt and helpful, but they said that no order details are available under my name or address through Lex.
I placed my order for Modey Y RWD on the 19th of June via Lex, order was confirmed by them within the same day, and then I have been contacted by Tesla the day after with an RN number. Although the proposed stock date was seen as yours 31st July on the portal, the car will be delivered tomorrow by Tesla. It seems something went wrong in your process.

I placed my order for Modey Y RWD on the 19th of June via Lex, order was confirmed by them within the same day, and then I have been contacted by Tesla the day after with an RN number. Although the proposed stock date was seen as yours 31st July on the portal, the car will be delivered tomorrow by Tesla. It seems something went wrong in your process.
Yeah something indeed went wrong. After fighting back and forward for a while it turns out the driver details were not provided when the order was placed. Each party has been blaming each other! Finally after hounding Lex and Tesla numerous times my details were added just yesterday! Still no contact from Tesla regarding delivery/collection but I can only imagine this error has resulted in a bit of delay….