Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y long rang verses performance model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trading in my wife’s 2021 long range model y for a performance model y mainly because we’re getting more for our model y than what we paid for it. I wanted another long range but didn’t want to wait that long. Question; is the ride going to be so harsh where she can tell a difference. I hope this wasn’t a mistake

The only things you get by trading for a Performance Y is 0.5 secs faster going 0-60, larger tires, beefier brakes ( hardly used anyway), track mode, and a rear spoiler. Yes the ride will likely be a bit stiffer and not as smooth esp with the larger wheels. Does your wife really care about the Performance “goodies”? I would wager not.

0.5 secs faster going 0-60,
The Performance Model Y (0 to 60 MPH in 3.5 seconds) is 1.3 seconds faster than the stock Long Range MY (0 to 60 MPH in 4.8 seconds.) If you purchase the acceleration boost for the Long Range Model Y the 0 to 60 MPH time is 4.2 seconds. The Performance Model Y remains almost 3/4 second faster.

The only things you get by trading for a Performance Y is 0.5 secs faster going 0-60, larger tires, beefier brakes ( hardly used anyway), track mode, and a rear spoiler. Yes the ride will likely be a bit stiffer and not as smooth esp with the larger wheels. Does your wife really care about the Performance “goodies”? I would wager not.
The MYP does not have track mode; that's exclusive to the M3P.

As for who would or wouldn't enjoy the performance "goodies" - no clue why it would matter with it being someone's wife. Unless we're just making sexist assumptions.

Trading in my wife’s 2021 long range model y for a performance model y mainly because we’re getting more for our model y than what we paid for it. I wanted another long range but didn’t want to wait that long. Question; is the ride going to be so harsh where she can tell a difference. I hope this wasn’t a mistake
What turns you on the most about owning a Tesla? long range mileage? Ride comfort? Looks ( 21’ big wheels, rear spoiler, bigger brake Calipers) Or straight out Performance ?

What turns you on the most about owning a Tesla? long range mileage? Ride comfort? Looks ( 21’ big wheels, rear spoiler, bigger brake Calipers) Or straight out Performance ?
It’s for my wife. She would pick comfort I would pick rims ,tires and performance/speed. My reason for the post was hoping somebody would tell me that the ride isn’t going to be to rough and bumpy and she will love it. Haha. I wanted to get her another long range but the wait was to long so I picked the next closest thing that was coming in sooner. So we will have the performance in a few days

Price has nothing to do with it. It is a performance variant and thus is more likely to have a jarring ride. I had an $90k X3M prior to my MYP and it literally rattled my bones. You either get it or you don't...
Price has nothing to do with it. It is a performance variant and thus is more likely to have a jarring ride. I had an $90k X3M prior to my MYP and it literally rattled my bones. You either get it or you don't...
My point is if it’s to jarring I will get a Model Y long range, I know how that drives because I have one now. I will just trade in my performance