Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR RWD is dead, configuration update required by 12/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like I was the only lucky guy to have gotten the 03/2019 pricing for an AWD. DM me and I will send you the reservation details. My suggestion is to file a complaint with the arbitrator and provide the evidence that someone (me) got the deal from 2019. I am no special compared to any others so if they did it for me, they can do it for you too. In fact, dropping RWD is Tesla's choice so ideally they should be upgrading everyone to AWD for free at 2019 prices. So I suggest you file a complaint with the arbitrator demanding AWD at 2019 RWD prices that you booked and settle for today's prices. That is still a saving of 13,000$ before taxes compared to current prices.
Hi @deadpoolvan I'm not sure how to DM but could you send me your Reservation details? I'm in the exact same boat and would like to take legal action or file with arbitrator.

Considering that the price has increased considerably since we all ordered and Tesla is honoring price lock-in for those that paid $250 just a few months back, I think it makes sense to rally all those impacted and make a claim here to honor the prices for us, that were published when we paid $2500 2-3 years back without even seeing the vehicle in person.

Reactions: invincible2010
I sent an email to [email protected] that I would like to raise a dispute and that I want an arbitrator assigned, as @deadpoolvan recommended. Let's see if we get a response.
As like others, I also have not received the refund for an order cancelled in December. I mentioned again and again in email to the sales advisors that it is not my intent to cancel and that I am being forced to cancel. Have the proof for these in emails.

Tesla has made special accommodation even for those folks that paid $250. They can now change configurations where each option will cost exactly the same as they booked the order.
Tweet link:

Attachments

• 8FE0EE3B-3549-4C1B-B0D3-01A8E025D7F4.jpeg
    8FE0EE3B-3549-4C1B-B0D3-01A8E025D7F4.jpeg
    782.1 KB · Views: 95
Tesla has made special accommodation even for those folks that paid $250. They can now change configurations where each option will cost exactly the same as they booked the order.
But from what I have read, only if they keep the same trim level. If they switch between LR and Performance their price changes to the current price. So they can change exterior color, wheels, interior color, 5/7 seats, and the tow option without getting the new price book. So it still wouldn't let you switch from RWD to LR AWD without getting the new prices.

But from what I have read, only if they keep the same trim level. If they switch between LR and Performance their price changes to the current price. So they can change exterior color, wheels, interior color, 5/7 seats, and the tow option without getting the new price book. So it still wouldn't let you switch from RWD to LR AWD without getting the new prices.
I was able to change the color of my order without any price change. I tried to switch to performance just to check if the price change to current price but to my surprise it did not. I can confirm it uses the price of performance when I ordered my LR not the current price.

Reactions: 808borg