Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y May Soon Qualify for $5K Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from Tesla to confirm my pickup of my MY SR tomorrow. It was delayed first for 2 weeks then another week after that. No mention of any rebate from the Tesla agent. They had no information when I asked. It's too bad Ontario is so unfriendly towards electric vehicle purchases.
let us know what type of center console you got .I heard new center console coming out

@Tesjass I think the first build known to contain it was around Feb 9th if I remember correctly. VINs are non-sequential so you can't tell by VIN. Once you get your VIN assigned, call your salesperson and get them to check for you if it contains the upgraded console.
Yes you are correct. Seem some yt videos and they said 9th Feb as well .thanks for letting me know that I can confirm with vin number .I will def do that

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I got a quote just now for $31k for my wife's 2019 SR+ no FSD. Thought it would worth more... In this case, we'll keep it for now until model y price comes down further. I'm keeping my 2018 LR-RWD FSD until it dies...

$31k? I don't understand the market! The ones on kijiji or autotrader are closer to $48k (without FSD I think). But I don't understand either why they're selling so high if the customer had $13k incentives (Qc).

Unless I'm missing something, I would try to sell it myself.

$31k? I don't understand the market! The ones on kijiji or autotrader are closer to $48k (without FSD I think). But I don't understand either why they're selling so high if the customer had $13k incentives (Qc).

Tesla is offering these lowball prices then will turn around and list it for like $10K+ higher on their site. That price is then in line with the market value.

Reactions: cdswm3

Only if I can sell it for around $40k+ on Kijiji or FB would I consider getting a USED model y. Also, her car is a rarity since it comes with lifetime premium connectivity! Won't buy new ever again since I wanted to get a dual motor... So much for Tesla cars will become appreciating assets... ha ha

Reactions: cdswm3
Tesla this summer low balled me an offer for $43700 for trade in to Y. 4 weeks later while I was waiting on my order it was $40400. I had a hard time accepting the 1st but the second was just too much. I wasn't married to the Y so I cancelled. I guess Tesla gets away with it more often than folks like me who draw the line and cancel their ass. When they weren't even close to offering me the some of the $6600 I had paid for FSD. Taking another $3000 off after 4 weeks was GREEDY.

It was fun when they reached out to me last December to ask me why I had cancelled when the true intent was to sell me a new Tesla. I wrote them a very nice e-mail full of HONESTY.
They didn't bother to reply. In a fuked up way I was happy they didn't deliver 500,000. They have a few business practices to improve.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and dj_gon
Tesla this summer low balled me an offer for $43700 for trade in to Y. 4 weeks later while I was waiting on my order it was $40400. I had a hard time accepting the 1st but the second was just too much. I wasn't married to the Y so I cancelled. I guess Tesla gets away with it more often than folks like me who draw the line and cancel their ass. When they weren't even close to offering me the some of the $6600 I had paid for FSD. Taking another $3000 off after 4 weeks was GREEDY.

It was fun when they reached out to me last December to ask me why I had cancelled when the true intent was to sell me a new Tesla. I wrote them a very nice e-mail full of HONESTY.
They didn't bother to reply. In a fuked up way I was happy they didn't deliver 500,000. They have a few business practices to improve.
I totally agree! Although I love my car, but their customer service and retention needs to improve BIG time. I bet I will get more $ if I were to trade in a car other than Tesla! Maybe I should do the opposite, like trading in my wife's model 3 for an id4 when it comes out. I think VW will offer a much fairer trade in price for the model 3. Also, I'm sure the id4 will qualify for the $5k rebate.

Everybody needs to make sure we voice our displeasure with the USD/CAD exchange issue. There is no reason why a Model Y DMLR costs $69,900, it should be no more than $64,900 (incl freight etc..)
This waiting for ID.4 pricing to come out in Canada, That will give a kick in the butt to Tesla. I would not be buying a new Tesla today until the adjust the pricing.
I did say that to the sales advisor in Ottawa, he had a lame excuse about "import fees" which is totally BS, I corrected him on that
We all need to mount the pressure.
New new S should be around $100k, not $115k