Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y now with Wheel Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be buying a set of winter wheels and snow tires this fall. My plan is to call Tire Rack and have them figure things out for me. Let me know what options are available. It should be pretty straight forward, right? Or am I missing something?
I'd be hesitant. If you don't see a picture of the wheels on the car (I don't mean TR's configurator with fake rim change images), you don't know if the size and spoke design of that specific rim will fit over the calipers and clear suspension. I had this issue with a newer car and TR thinking rims fit but without actually testing.

Check out TSportline and other known Tesla shops.

Reactions: rklip
Winter wheels - same boat here, cold winter state and no Tesla option for those of us with [heavy, staggered] 21's that were forced. Almost hard to believe at this point. Don't really care for any of the popular aftermarket options for the prices so hoping this magically changes next 30 days or so as this thing will be undriveable otherwise come November.

I took delivery on 9/15 in northern IL. Parts manager claims 1) Tesla cannot confirm the Induction or Gemini wheels fit over the performance brakes - which is BS, there are many test vehicle spottings and people who've done wheel swaps, and 2) claim they cannot sell a wheel set that is not attached to a VIN - sort or hard to believe considering there are wheel kits sold for all other vehicles. I read all of that as, this will create extra work for me, here's a story you can't refute, I don't care if you could, leave me alone. Can't make this stuff up sometimes with Tesla.

As I've been ignored for weeks by Tesla and finally getting this word salad reasoning, there appears to be no interest in having their Performance buyers able to use their car half the year without slapping on someone else's wheel set (and assuming you can get the right TPMSs if you do so). Likewise ironic for a company so insistent on controlling the product, supply chain and service top to bottom is somehow cool with this donut hole. Maybe should've just told everyone who ordered over six months ago living from Montana over to Maine to just skip the Performance because they weren't going to be ready for winter.

While I guess this experience is generally on brand for Tesla, it's still frustrating when you're trying to figure out and don't see a solution on the horizon nor anyone who cares about it.
Go aftermarket. You should be able to get unique wheels for cheaper.

Same boat here, cold winter state and no Tesla option for those of us with [heavy, staggered] 21's that were forced. Almost hard to believe at this point. Don't really care for any of the popular aftermarket options for the prices so hoping this magically changes next 30 days or so as this thing will be undriveable otherwise come November.

I took delivery on 9/15 in northern IL. Parts manager claims 1) Tesla cannot confirm the Induction or Gemini wheels fit over the performance brakes - which is BS, there are many test vehicle spottings and people who've done wheel swaps, and 2) claim they cannot sell a wheel set that is not attached to a VIN - sort or hard to believe considering there are wheel kits sold for all other vehicles. I read all of that as, this will create extra work for me, here's a story you can't refute, I don't care if you could, leave me alone. Can't make this stuff up sometimes with Tesla.

As I've been ignored for weeks by Tesla and finally getting this word salad reasoning, there appears to be no interest in having their Performance buyers able to use their car half the year without slapping on someone else's wheel set (and assuming you can get the right TPMSs if you do so). Likewise ironic for a company so insistent on controlling the product, supply chain and service top to bottom is somehow cool with this donut hole. Maybe should've just told everyone who ordered over six months ago living from Montana over to Maine to just skip the Performance because they weren't going to be ready for winter.

While I guess this experience is generally on brand for Tesla, it's still frustrating when you're trying to figure out and don't see a solution on the horizon nor anyone who cares about it.
The parts manager is wrong. As long as there are part numbers available, you should be able to order them over the counter. FYI, TPMS on the Y are Bluetooth and unlike any other so you won't find any aftermarket replacements. But fear not, I was able to purchase a set of 4 Tesla OEM TPMS from a SC.

Question that I hope wasn't addressed elsewhere. Sorry if it was.

I bought Tsportline 20" TST Wheels (matte black) to replace Gemini wheels. Should I change the wheels to 20" Induction on my model Y? I'm guessing I just need to swap and then reset sensors?

I bought Tsportline 20" TST Wheels (matte black) to replace Gemini wheels. Should I change the wheels to 20" Induction on my model Y? I'm guessing I just need to swap and then reset sensors?
Yes, you could change the wheel setting that way, though in reality it doesn't do much, except for changing the theoretical range to 316 miles (if you now have 21" wheels, the 19" have the same range). The vehicle will automatically pick up the new TMPS sensors after driving for a few miles over 15 mph or so.

The parts manager is wrong. As long as there are part numbers available, you should be able to order them over the counter. FYI, TPMS on the Y are Bluetooth and unlike any other so you won't find any aftermarket replacements. But fear not, I was able to purchase a set of 4 Tesla OEM TPMS from a SC.

Hear you on parts advisor. My hot take is that he'd heard my question before, and had zero interest in attempting to help. The attitude, knowledge and follow up of most all Tesla folks I've interacted with over the last year unfortunately make the postal employee stereotype (no offense there) seem like the Dali Lama.

Heard this as well re. TPMS. If I do go aftermarket next month (really would prefer to not go aftermarket this time if I can get OEM somehow), you're right willl still need to figure out how to get the TPMS - if not Tsportline who seems to have that dialed in as they do on other models.

Still just really surprising that 7-8 months from launch they're incapable of gettintmg wheel options on their site. More than half of US population sees freezing temps, not to mention Canada, northern Europe, Japan, Korea. Can't see any other automaker this behind on something that impacts so many customers.