Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Price Increase 1000!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I understand why that would be expected. You are locking in the Model and MSRP for the vehicle selected. To expect the entire product catalog of models/prices to be locked at time of purchase seems a bit much for expectations. The fact that they even allow random and continuous configuration changes after purchase is mind boggling to me from a production efficiency stand point.
Who cares what is to be expected. All I'm saying is that for the entirety of 2022 this was how it worked. It was not considered a new order if you switched between LR and P. Only if you were to switch to a 3, S or X.

Pricing was locked...it is just how it was and I'm pretty sure it still is as a few TMC members have now confirmed that they can still get old pricing when they switch.

But as I said, maybe Tesla changed the policy in the past few weeks. Who knows?

There were many people last year that were told by an SA that they would have to pay updated pricing if switching but every time the SA ended up being wrong and people got the old pricing.

That’s almost exactly what I did 👍🏻 I had a blue/black MYLR and switched to a white/black MYP. Super excited because I was ready to spend $2K on a spoiler, rims, etc. for my LR already.
Exactly! I was figuring wheels and suspension which would be way more. However not super excited about the 21’s. I would have done 20’s. Will probably get some 18’s that will fit with winter tires.

Reactions: MY4me&U
Exactly! I was figuring wheels and suspension which would be way more. However not super excited about the 21’s. I would have done 20’s. Will probably get some 18’s that will fit with winter tires.
I’m not a fan of the 21s either.

I’m thinking of putting the factory wheels aside, in the off chance I want to go out for a ”performance” ride, but getting 18 or 19s for regular use… which will be a lot, since I’ll be using it for work.